June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Just like us expecting some days in the 80s in the summer even though our average is in the 70s.

Accordingly to Phil... we should never see 80 degrees here or expect it when our average tops out at 78.   I guess there is no offset to all these days in the 60s.   :rolleyes:

For the record, SEA has seen 12 70+ days this month, and 6 more that were 69. So most the days have had highs around 70 or higher.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

It's been tough to avoid them so far wherever the opportunity has presented itself.

It’s making me a little uneasy that we’ve gotten this far with only two consecutive at best, though. Probably have a hefty 10-12 day stretch on the way to make up for the relative chilliness so far.

Probably just chronic sleep deprivation. My chess scores have tanked as well.

I’ve been working my arse off this month. Have so much stuff to get done, with so little time left before I leave. In the academic circle as well as my job.

You need to take a vacation to Everett!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Tim spends days worrying about the forth of July, scouring every model for surface details, and in the end it will probably end up in the 90s.

So typical. :rolleyes:

Yay!! I’m off work Tuesday-Sunday next week so that would be just lovely!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

For the record, SEA has seen 12 70+ days this month, and 6 more that were 69. So most the days have had highs around 70 or higher.

So in July and August when we have a high of 74... then we should also expect an offsetting day of 80 to get to our average.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

81 here.  Beautiful.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Pushing 68 here. Just had another light shower pass by. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Normally we have 2 or 3 days with persistent clouds and then get a couple sunny days.

The clouds started yesterday and will go through the next Tuesday at least which a full week and sort of unusual. Even in our cool summers this would be unusual. Its not just today alone... I am also extrapolating ahead (as usual) because its not going to change any time soon.

Meanwhile... from Kelso southward its much nicer and every day through Tuesday looks the same. Huge difference. I would be not be saying anything at all if I lived down there. ;)

I’m tempted to re-post our convo from last week where you vehemently denied this would be the case.

I’m tempted to re-post our convo from last week where you vehemently denied this would be the case.

I never said that about this period.

And much of what we have is mid level clouds and not marine layer. This is effecting eastern WA as well.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Definitely not the typical marine layer situation with clouds just west of the Cascades and completely clear skies to the east.

Its the mid-level clouds that are the real problem the last few days...

sat_6-29-2.png

Definitely not the typical marine layer situation with clouds just west of the Cascades and completely clear skies to the east.

Its the mid-level clouds that are the real problem the last few days...

sat_6-29-2.png

Looks like I won’t have to buy you dinner, either. ;)

Gonna bust cold by 10 degrees.

DRn3TbV.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like I won’t have to buy you dinner, either. ;)

Gonna bust cold by 10 degrees.

DRn3TbV.jpg

Did the 109 degrees verify?    ;)

I know you did not really think that would happen... you were just going for shock value.  

Did the 109 degrees verify? ;)

I know you did not really think that would happen... you were just going for shock value.

Lol. I was just having some fun.

Will end up splitting the difference.

I've gone low lately. There was the mentioning of the possibility of the sub 70 shocker and now today where it just didn't seem like we'd quite make it while there were some frothy mouths about supposed overachieving.

#belowthefray

I've gone low lately. There was the mentioning of the possibility of the sub 70 shocker and now today where it just didn't seem like we'd quite make it while there were some frothy mouths about supposed overachieving.

It got warmer than forecasted, it overachieved.

It got warmer than forecasted, it overachieved.

Based on most forecasts, it did. Today was one of those days where you had a relatively low heights/thicknesses but some mid level drying on the backside of the trough. Very little in the way of an overnight inversion so we got a sunny start with some of the highest sun angles of the year along with 925mb temps around 17c. Meteorological achievement!!!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.