June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Left warm sunny Portland at 1 and now in chilly cloudy Federal Way. Even had some spitting rain around the wolf lodg area.

A different world up here. My daughter said she wants to go back to her home in Tigard now...this is too cold up here!

We did buy season passes to wildwaves since my grandson is old enough to enjoy. Hoping to get a few nice days next week to enjoy the park. Haven’t been there in years since my daughter grew up :(

We are just jealous. I don't mind some summer rain... but 5 or 6 days straight with solid clouds in the middle of summer and during the longest days just pisses me off. Not even afternoon sun breaks.

I suspect we are about to be rewarded. Which is what I said in mid-April too. ;)

Our rewards usually involve the entire region so buckle up!

FWIW, I’m becoming less bullish on western ridging by the day. The LF WHEM z-cell state is just completely kattywampus compared to the climatology for +PNA/cyclonic breakers, and I don’t think it wants to change much in the near future.

Might take until autumn at this rate.

FWIW, I’m becoming less bullish on western ridging by the day. The LF WHEM z-cell state is just completely kattywampus compared to the climatology for +PNA/cyclonic breakers, and I don’t think it wants to change much in the near future.

Still will be nice. Don't need a huge ridge.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Exhaust into the SH..poleward-shifted Pacific ITCZ under a raised tropopause/-QBO and dormant peripherals.

Just a tad unfavorable for western ridging at this time of year.. :lol:

rb6tWO4.gif

Versus last year at this time. Multiple interhemisheric channels with a broad network. Very different situation.

hV8eUb8.gif

• Like 1

If it’s not going to get super ridgy anytime soon, hopefully we can eventually get into a pattern that has some rain at places other than TTimossmansea’s house.

Looks lush and beautiful.

Yeah that is for sure...I can barely keep up with the Growth rate of everything. Still working on trimming/pruning/thinning of the landscaping...my goal is to have the individual plants/shrubs look like individual plants/shrubs again instead of one mass blob like it does now from the front of the house.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Happy January 30th!

Got home about 20 minutes ago... still drizzling heavily.   

Just had a slug come to the front door to tell me to stop cheering for sunshine... he said this is his sloppy, sopping wet world now.     :)

20180630_190602.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Are cold anomalies still on sale?

The last batch are well past their "best when used by" date, so they're just giving them away for free now, but they're all rotten and moldy so nobody wants them.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Bizarre West Coast weather since May. Second week of May, Southern California was cold and the Pacific Northwest was hot. Similar pattern for Father's Day weekend. Today it is gloomy and rainy in Seattle, but Northern California had offshore flow and San Francisco reached 91 F. Southern California was below normal again with a deep marine layer to start the day today.

When are we going to get a ridge that brings consistent hot weather to the entire West Coast?

Look what it’s doing to the SSTAs up there. That small pocket of red around the Hudson Bay is a meltwater pockets..false positives. It’s all just a sea is blue.

Only 2C at 55N off Newfoundland. There are icebergs floating around all over the place.cdas-sflux_ssta_global_1.png

Those anomalies off the South American coast have been keeping Lima, Peru quite cool and overcast, despite them being in the tropics. Their tropical winters are like the Eureka summers. Peru and Namibia both have marine layer to deal with.

• Like 1

We are just jealous. I don't mind some summer rain... but 5 or 6 days straight with solid clouds in the middle of summer and during the longest days just pisses me off. Not even afternoon sun breaks.

I suspect we are about to be rewarded. Which is what I said in mid-April too. ;)

Our rewards usually involve the entire region so buckle up!

I’ve lived in the PNW for 36 years. The middle of summer is still more than a month away. The last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August, is traditionally summer in the NW.
  • Like 1

I’ve lived in the PNW for 36 years. The middle of summer is still more than a month away. The last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August, is traditionally summer in the NW.

Lots stress on here about getting enough rain to get through the brutally long 4 weeks of summer! 

Got home about 20 minutes ago... still drizzling heavily.

Just had a slug come to the front door to tell me to stop cheering for sunshine... he said this is his sloppy, sopping wet world now. :)

20180630_190602.jpg

Jesse... you left your gate open and your pets are out running a muck...again.
  • Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

A 4 week summer. Sounds like the North Slope of Alaska.

A 4 week summer. Sounds like the North Slope of Alaska.

Summer is the snowy time in the North Slope borough.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Summer is the snowy time in the North Slope borough.

I was in the Brooks Range once in July for 2 weeks, I did see a little snow (not much) but there was also some very nice weather in the low 80's..

D

Cup size?

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Another reason why I love were we live now...instead of drug deals and homeless whack jobs coming past our house, it’s bears! I will take the bears any day!

36353993-D8F4-4F32-A137-26279F2011E0.jpeg

• Like 4

Pretty ridiculous how ridgy these runs have been for the entire country, we're really the only spot in the nation lucky enough to avoid the heat through the believable range on the 00z. I'm sure we'll end up baking at some point though.

GFS MOS shows SEA averaging right at climo for the highs over the next 7 days.

We are just excited for the potential for more sun up here... a small taste of what you people take for granted down there every single day.    :unsure: