August 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

We rarely get real heat and humidity here.   Almost never.   The warmest model runs typically just mean beautiful weather here.    As you have seen during your time in Seattle.   That was our "hot" weather you saw earlier this month and was well above normal.     ;)

Unless so many of them verify that our skies are eventually choked with smoke and a quarter of our vegetation is on life support.

I never said that. You actually want 45-degree drizzle every minute of every single day all year. And you would be on your knees thanking the heavens every single day for such a live-giving bounty.

Dafuq? :lol:

Unless so many of them verify that our skies are eventually choked with smoke and a quarter of our vegetation is on life support.

Yep... have to get some rain in between those warm periods.   Too much of a good thing becomes bad.    

Even with this... its soooooooooooo good but too much becomes bad.     Its how life works, Jesse.    ;)

Untitled.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Yep... have to get some rain in between those warm periods. Too much of a good thing becomes bad.

Even with this... its soooooooooooo good but too much becomes bad. Its how life works, Jesse. ;)

If you are killing one of those pints every time you spend an evening posting here, your medical insurance provider should probably know.

If you are killing one of those pints every time you spend an evening posting here, your medical insurance provider should probably know.

Now you get it... a really good thing can become really bad in excess. Good session tonight!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You didn't have to sacrifice your health in an attempt to teach me something, but I respect the dedication!

Now you are veering off course again. We will take a break tonight and start up again tomorrow.

Gelato is better. Even my dog thinks so.

D69D5DFE-BB44-4773-B525-A807182C1580.jpeg

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Eventually their run differential was going to start to show in the record. It is a shame that they might finish with a better record than the Cleveland Indians if they could figure their sh1t out but it just seems like they're gonna lose a lot of their last games and it's unfortunate that they still have several divisional games left as the AL West is rather strong. Even my favorite team the Rangers (aka the Buffalo Bills of MLB) are in last place but have a better record than all the other last place teams and the Mariners are now losing to the likes of the Padres. Not good.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

00Z GFS continues the trend... warmer for the entire holiday weekend compared to the 12Z run.     No rain... and pretty much sunny each day with just some high clouds at times.     00Z GEM looks about the same.   

Will the ECMWF come in cold and wet again tonight like its 00Z run yesterday?    Not sure I will make it that late tonight.  

As for the Mariners. They have merely regressed to the mean. They just aren't a very good team. Their pitchers have started struggling because at the end of the day Marco Gonzales and Mike Leake are not good pitchers. We see this all the time in sports, but especially baseball. You can have a fluky few months, but in the end you are who you are and you will go as far as your talent takes you. For the Mariners, that won't be the playoffs...

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

As for the Mariners. They have merely regressed to the mean. They just aren't a very good team. Their pitchers have started struggling because at the end of the day Marco Gonzales and Mike Leake are not good pitchers.

I’m not at all into following sports and even I can tell this is a post designed to troll fans of the team. :lol:

They keep getting taken away once it gets within 7 days.

Yeah... last week it looked like we would be in a long term troughy, wet pattern through the holiday weekend.   

Not so much now.   

I blame it on the reservations that were booked a week ago.   Always ends up nice here.    :)

I’m not at all into following sports and even I can tell this is a post designed to troll fans of the team. :lol:

No... its a good assessment of the situation.   They should not have been as good as they were earlier in the season.   And now they aren't.    Its an annual tradition for the Mariners... fade away into oblivion.  

Summer is fleeting and rain is endless.

It sure is.    

Summer only started here early last month.     Once the rainy season gets going... it will take until next May and June to break free.   That is a looooooooong time from now.  :)

I’m all for them relocating to San Antonio or Austin.

And the Athletics can move to PDX and be the Northwest's team.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Still waiting for my first measurable rainfall here, bone dry stuck in the rain shadow every time. I have never seen vegetation look so bad as it does this year, everything is dieing.

We need a typical rainy pattern with wet SW flow.    Everything seems to come from the NW this year... except back in April and then it was really wet for everyone.

My area gets hit both ways... but down there the difference is between all or nothing. 

06Z GFS shows wet SW flow in 9 or 10 days... but it never actually seems to get here.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_43.png

. Actually it is a pretty accurate sysmopsis, and I am a fan. And basically agree. They have one ace pitcher and an amazing reliever and bunch of #5 starters. They were fluky when they went on a tear when their best player got suspended 80 games. Someone mentioned their run differential, and they were even averaging one less run a game when they were winning, it wasn’t sustainable.