November 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Timmy Supercell

Holy crap... who said anything about this being so crazy unusual? Its been much wetter than normal over the last 10 days though. That is just simple fact. And of course wetter than normal periods happen all the time and are very common.

My point has been that I prefer these focused heavy rain periods because they usually lead to some truly dry periods. That is all. Nothing more.

My god. Is this ever going to end? You're ruining this forum with this broken record garbage. That is all. Nothing more please about it.

• Like 1

My god. Is this ever going to end? You're ruining this forum with this broken record garbage. That is all. Nothing more please about it.

Maybe you should stop attacking me for posting factual observations of all the weather that is actually happening simply because you hate me?    It would take up much less space on here without the personal attacks.     I am not attacking anyone.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

My thoughts on the lighter side for us on the south end but need to fasten my shutters down just in case. Love weather surprises

Model time 11pm for the good stuff

Here is the max wind gust map from the 12Z ECMWF through tomorrow morning...

ecmwf-gust-max-washington-5.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Had a high of 55 today and low of 52...currently 54* with .09 of precipitation

Probably going to jump up to near 60 late this evening just ahead of the front.  

So no strong winds until after 11pm tonight according to that model. All other models have similar timing

12Z ECMWF shows the wind across the Seattle area picking up dramatically around 5 p.m. and peaking around midnight.

And don't forget to turn you clocks back.   ;)

Interesting different timing. And thanks will do that.

The strongest winds for us will be just ahead of the front... so it will be ramping up this evening.     

Could be some c-zone convection for us tomorrow too.   ECMWF is quite vigorous with that feature all day. 

The strongest winds for us will be just ahead of the front... so it will be ramping up this evening.

Could be some c-zone convection for us tomorrow too. ECMWF is quite vigorous with that feature all day.

Jesus ******* Christ on a moldy, mossy cracker... You never ******* quit.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Lucky Seattle weather fans, enjoy your storm. It'll be a while before us Portlanders get anything substantial, like always.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Looks pretty dry on the radar at Tim's place today.

What? Do know where I live?

Been raining all day and still going.

rad-11-3.png

Nearby traffic cam...

090vc02567.jpg

And here is near SEA where it appears dry on the radar... not so dry.  

405vc00652.jpg

Environment Canada is thinking wind gusts to 55mph in the wake of the front, for SW BC. Special weather statement has been issued

I wonder why that isn't a wind warning. Edit: they've now issued a wind warning reporting 70 kmph gusting 90 kmph...seems unlikely to me but I guess it's possible.

October ended up above normal here.    And that dry spell followed an extremely wet period from early September through early October up here.   And November is off to a very wet start in this area... and for many areas to the north and east of Seattle.    Including lowland areas.

Our really wet periods are usually offset by dry spells.   Just how it works... and why I prefer focused heavy rain.  9 inches in 9 days is really wet even here.     I would expect some drier weather ahead without even looking at the models.    Normal ebb and flow of wet and dry periods.     The second half of November will be probably be really wet again.  

This is not complaining... just basic stuff.    Our best rainy seasons (in my opinion) have periods of really heavy rain and many distinct dry periods... which usually come with offshore flow.    

Been a drier than normal fall for most the region so far.

60dPNormWRCC-NW.png

A forum for the end of the world.

Yep, sounds like a Nino. 

Not that far off in the big picture from 2009-10 either. Both moderate strength Modoki events with a similar feel to them. We happened to get lucky with a prolific -EPO stretch in early Dec of 2009...no such luck in 2002-03. 

One was during solar min, one was during solar max. Probably played a role.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Someone has a case of the Mondays...

It's true though :(

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Lucky Seattle weather fans, enjoy your storm. It'll be a while before us Portlanders get anything substantial, like always.

I moved up here back in 97 and I definitely like Portland’s action better compared to Federal Way. East wind was a HuGE joy of mine and love how the microclimate there fools even the local weatherman.

It was sarcasm because I saw how consistent that rain has been there today. Looks drippy.

Ahhh... I should have known.   You are pretty clever.     :lol:

Still considering a move to Florida?