2/4 - 2/8: Multiple Potential Rain/Ice/Snow Events

East Dubzz

18z GFS showed upwards up .4” of ice here, with an additional 1-2” of snow on the end.

HRRR also has .17” of ice at the end of the run, with plenty more still to come.

DVN better hope they are getting this one right, because if some of the ice totals on the models verify, an advisory isn’t going to cut it.

18z GFS showed upwards up .4” of ice here, with an additional 1-2” of snow on the end.

HRRR also has .17” of ice at the end of the run, with plenty more still to come.

DVN better hope they are getting this one right, because if some of the ice totals on the models verify, an advisory isn’t going to cut it.

Same for MKE area

Gfs with .3 inch of ice and 4 inches of snow

Freezing drizzle occurring here right now. Nice little coat of ice on my truck, and the parking lot at work was getting a little slick. I’m guessing the main roads aren’t too bad yet, as they’ve likely been treated and traveled on a lot here... but id definitely be nice and careful on more untreated roads.

Steady light snow/flurries all day, but it's only added up to less than inch. Should be a good base for the main event tonight at least.

It was way more than light snow at times. We're over an inch here on the Southeast side.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I feel blind- is there somewhere I can see any of the ice maps without having to keep asking for people to post them? (Preferably free ones?)

I found something last year but stupidly didn’t save the link

-http://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=rap&p=zr_acc&rh=2019020623&fh=21&r=conus&dpdt=&mc=

http://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2019020623&fh=17&dpdt=&mc=&r=us_mw&p=zr_acc&m=hrrr

• Like 2

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Well wishes to all those N and W peeps who are or will be scoring with these systems, especially tomorrow. I know some have been watching from the sidelines for a lot of this season. Finally, you're getting some action! UP of Mich looks primed. System really comes together just right for them. Interesting tid-bit on the situation up there with ice still clinging on:

Screenshot_2019-02-06 SitReport1 pdf.png

• Like 3

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

the clouds are so low the echoes are below the radar.

No models picked up all the snow we got today. Hell, none of them even INITIALIZED with this snow. This is just a bonus. The models all looked like the OAX radar at this time.

You realize you're replying inside our quotes, right?

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

HRRR showing just above .30” of ice still to go with this storm, as well as half an inch of snow, with some still left on the end of the run. NAM has about the same amount of ice, but basically no snow on the backside. Unless these models bust big, Dubuque will probably be just under warming criteria for an ice storm warning. Given it’s going to be heaviest around the morning commute, I’m surprised they didn’t upgrade the advisory.

I usually root for more extreme weather, but this is one instance where I’m hoping it doesn’t come to fruition. Gonna be a huge mess if the models end up verifying.

• Like 2