3 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Looks like there’s one last shot for something here with the cells to the west. 

Do you remember 2010 Nov? It was just like this except a low came in from Vancouver Island and went under the Olympics and east to Olympia.  It was a bad a** storm.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

6 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Drying out from the north rapidly now. That was it for central sound and you can see the arctic front convergence down by Olympia 

Really interesting how the precip is just shutting down from the north even despite what the radar is showing.   I can't remember that happening before.   The same thing on the radar here has been progressively lighter actual snow falling.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

My wife just got home. This is the snow that survived the drive home, she said there were a few inches covering her car when she went to leave work in Everett around 5:30 before going to her dance class in Marysville. 

IMG_1793.jpeg

• Like 4
  • bongocat-test 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Do you remember 2010 Nov? It was just like this except a low came in from Vancouver Island and went under the Olympics and east to Olympia.  It was a bad a** storm.

Now that was a real one along with December 1990

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

My wife just got home. This is the snow that survived the drive home, she said there were a few inches covering her car when she went to leave work in Everett around 5:30 before going to her dance class in Marysville. 

IMG_1793.jpeg

Make a snowbank out of it!  It was last until the middle of next week.  

• Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like Federal Way might get hit good in a few minutes.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

18 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Really interesting how the precip is just shutting down from the north even despite what the radar is showing.   I can't remember that happening before.   The same thing on the radar here has been progressively lighter actual snow falling.

This is what happens with a true arctic front with very dry and cold air directly behind. I honestly haven't seen one like this for 20 years at least. 1990 was like this only much stronger. I would of loved to had saw that beast on radar. 

Edited by MR.SNOWMIZER
  • Like 2

FWIW... the GEFS ensemble mean agrees with its operational run very well for the middle of next week.   And worth noting the EPS mean was different.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-namer-z500_anom-5536000.png

• Sick 1

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Overperformed compared to the mesoscale models.

This setup always does. NWS gave us a WWA for 1-3”. They ALWAYS f this up. Cars are stuck everywhere 

PWS: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWAPORTA220

2023-2024 Snow Total: 18" (6 events)

8 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

It’s amazing how much more snow I get here in South Everett at 500 feet than downtown Everett does 5 miles away. I’ve had nearly 90 inches since I moved here in 2018 and am sure downtown Everett has had half that. So many times in the last several years I’ve had 3-6” with roads covered and they had less than an inch. 

When I bought my house I told my realtor I wouldn’t look at places under 400 feet elevation and she thought I was joking. 😅

The way I look at it snow events are already so rare around here that being constantly disappointed by being on the low end of everyone around you would just be too draining mentally during what should be the happiest weather events of the year. 

Same here and I'm not even 300' elevation. Just being over 200' and inland a bit can do wonders. Many times in the last two winters there has been a thick blanket at home and only an inch or two downtown.

It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

? Looks like it ending soon on radar.

There is a Shelton to Federal Way to Bonney Lake band that formed as the Seattle band faded.   And you can see another band south of that one that will take its place next as that one fades.  

Just now, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

This setup always does. NWS gave us a WWA for 1-3”. They ALWAYS f this up. Cars are stuck everywhere 

1–3" was clearly too low. I was looking at HRDPS and NAM 3km. One showed 4" for your area, the other 6". Which is why I said 4–6" earlier.

It's called clown range for a reason.

7 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

It’s amazing how much more snow I get here in South Everett at 500 feet than downtown Everett does 5 miles away. I’ve had nearly 90 inches since I moved here in 2018 and am sure downtown Everett has had half that. So many times in the last several years I’ve had 3-6” with roads covered and they had less than an inch. 

When I bought my house I told my realtor I wouldn’t look at places under 400 feet elevation and she thought I was joking. 😅

The way I look at it snow events are already so rare around here that being constantly disappointed by being on the low end of everyone around you would just be too draining mentally during what should be the happiest weather events of the year. 

Yeah it’s insane. I never knew the difference between south Everett and downtown were that major before I moved, I bet if I had seen those numbers at some point in the past I would’ve thought of it when I bought this place, but here I am. After the few cold snaps last year and now this one I’ve realized that I need an absolutely perfect setup for me to get good quality snow here. I’m sure the more it happens over the next few years the more I’ll get used to it leading to less weenie meltdowns. Hopefully..

• Like 2

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Make a snowbank out of it!  It was last until the middle of next week.  

Just did!! Then they might go into the freezer along with Christmas 2017 and February 2022 snowballs! 

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excited 2
  • lol 3
  • Weenie 1
  • bongocat-test 2

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Just did!! Then they might go into the freezer along with Christmas 2017 and February 2022 snowballs! 

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg

It came!!

• lol 2

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

Go M’s

5 minutes ago, MillCreekMike said:

Yeah it’s insane. I never knew the difference between south Everett and downtown were that major before I moved, I bet if I had seen those numbers at some point in the past I would’ve thought of it when I bought this place, but here I am. After the few cold snaps last year and now this one I’ve realized that I need an absolutely perfect setup for me to get good quality snow here. I’m sure the more it happens over the next few years the more I’ll get used to it leading to less weenie meltdowns. Hopefully..

But the mental aspect is so real. All I could think about while driving through snowy Mill Creek / South Everett is the fact that there’s nothing accumulating at my place and then I’d check the traffic cams to see if there’s maybe some accumulation and there’d be nothing even if it was snowing somewhat heavily.

At least I learned this lesson while I’m young!

• Like 1

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

Go M’s

15 minutes ago, MossMan said:

IMG_1793.jpeg

Nice Subaru. I drove in like 16 inches of wet snow in 2019 in my outback and only got stuck temporarily 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This is what happens with a true arctic front with very dry and cold air directly behind. I honestly haven't seen one like this for 20 years at least. 1990 was like this only much weaker. I would of loved to had saw that beast on radar. 

I meant 1990 was much stronger.