Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

00z GFS also has a sweet LES signature all the way from GRB down to ORD...total run...notice those totals lakeside.  If the models are picking this up 48 hours out, imagine what they will be the day of the event.  Could easily add 2-4" on top of system snows.

• Like 1

00z GFS also has a sweet LES signature all the way from GRB down to ORD...total run...notice those totals lakeside.  If the models are picking this up 48 hours out, imagine what they will be the day of the event.  Could easily add 2-4" on top of system snows.

Given the winter so far, this might as well be GHD 2.0 lol, it might feel like it.  Really hope this one is a bit easier to predict and doesn't shift a ton in the last couple days, maybe slight adjustments northward.  Have to say, the more I look at it, the more I realize that those saying this might be a candidate for a N/NW shift could be right.

• Like 1

GFS with snow to the north and east and the NAM with the main snow to the south and east of me. Yep sounds about right. Everyone else enjoy the storm!

Literally, EVERYONE. Who on this forum besides the Plains folks don't get shafted?? I don't know why I'm even on here haha... just going to see all the Chicago people blowing this up now and hearing them say "Wow! 12" and still snowing! Storm overperformed IMBY!!", meanwhile, I'm sitting here, anticipating my blowing dust advisory

Literally, EVERYONE. Who on this forum besides the Plains folks don't get shafted?? I don't know why I'm even on here haha... just going to see all the Chicago people blowing this up now and hearing them say "Wow! 12" and still snowing! Storm overperformed IMBY!!", meanwhile, I'm sitting here, anticipating my blowing dust advisory

and now the warm weather is gone too.  At least the past few weeks were nice out.  Was able to wear shorts to class for a while.  Not anymore LOL 

The Central Plains' climo doesn't support many big storms, you don't have the moisture source of the Gulf of Mexico to the south, you can thank Texas and Mexico's presence for the lack of moisture.

The Central Plains' climo doesn't support many big storms, you don't have the moisture source of the Gulf of Mexico to the south, you can thank Texas and Mexico's presence for the lack of moisture.

Ahh come on man you know that's not true. Not like the GOM just cuts off at the Missouri River. 

Well we've had plenty of snow over the last four of five years. Not buying not having the right climo. Doesn't seem to be an issue in the spring and summer.

I agree. I can count numerous 10"+ storms hitting us as well. Happened in 09,11,and 2012. Just hasn't happened in the past two years as we have been shafted storm after storm