January 2017 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Goducks09

Seattle or SeaTac? SeaTac is 32. The Seattle obs is always wayyy warmer than SeaTac.

KSEA is 33 at noon.

Jim attacked me and others for saying it would even get close to 35 at KSEA today.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Dude you sure your meter is right? its only 32 in port orchard in the sunlight.

I have two meters one in a bit more sunlight one in the shade. They are actually both reading close to 38 now. This area is just is that way as I have shared before. PuyallupJohn can testify to that. I assume the could be wrong but either way still a chilly day. :)

I've got 42.8 in the shade here in the swamp.

I will admit when I am wrong.  I called for a high of 35 today.  This event is a bust for me.

I believe that's what your thermometer is showing, but I doubt it's accurate. You always have temps WAY warmer than any official station in the area. KPLU is reporting 34.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

KSEA is 33 at noon.

Jim attacked me and others for saying it would even get close to 35 at KSEA today.

Leave Jim alone please. :(  We get it and I think Jim gets it. Put your insecurity and ego aside and let it go. You win! You got a ton of snow... Your having a great winter and your forecast predictions are amazing. NOW lets move on! thanks!

• Like 1

KSEA is 33 at noon.

They were starting from a low of just 28 this AM...pretty anemic rise. Tomorrow will be a much colder day overall, with temps starting much colder and probably not getting above freezing in the afternoon.

A forum for the end of the world.

Well, I'm actually getting moderate snow with pretty good sized snowflakes. Pretty!

I'm in Redland just a few miles north/east by way the crow flies and pretty much nothing.  I'm thinking too that the atmosphere is drying, dp's dropping.  Got some virga going on as well.  But nothing here coming down at all.

Leave Jim alone please. :(  We get it and I think Jim gets it. Put your insecurity and ego aside and let it go. You win! You got a ton of snow... Your having a great winter and your forecast predictions are amazing. NOW lets move on! thanks!

When the actual results are coming in we just ignore reporting data because it might hurt his feelings?    Stupid.

I did not guess... the evidence was right in front of all of us and I reported what it showed.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

They were starting from a low of just 28 this AM...pretty anemic rise. Tomorrow will be a much colder day overall, with temps starting much colder and probably not getting above freezing in the afternoon.

The discussion was about Monday specifically.  

When the actual results are coming in we just ignore reporting data because it might hurt his feelings?    Stupid.

I did not guess... the evidence was right in front of all of us and I reported what it showed.     

Report it that is fine.. Finger pointing to Jim is your inflated ego to prove you're right. Be honest with yourself. Plus 33 to 32 is not that far off. petty IMHO.

I have to give you credit for your earlier call that some parts of the Vancouver would do well. This is the most snow we have had around here since 2008.

attachicon.gifIMG_1488.JPG

Much of the Vancouver area has clearly exited the northern snowless streak that started around 2012 (maybe even earlier over there). Let's hope the Victoria - Seattle region is next in line. We're up to 7.5" of snow here on the year but over half of it fell and melted in a single day, the rest fell in small events of 1" or less and sublimated in the cold dry weather that followed. Overall, we're running well below average in terms of temperatures, but personally I'd prefer a warm rainy winter with 3 days of 4"+ snow cover than 3 weeks of outflow with little-to-no snow.

• Like 3

Much of the Vancouver area has clearly exited the northern snowless streak that started around 2012 (maybe even earlier over there). Let's hope the Victoria - Seattle region is next in line. We're up to 7.5" of snow here on the year but over half of it fell and melted in a single day, the rest fell in small events of 1" or less and sublimated in the cold dry weather that followed. Overall, we're running well below average in terms of temperatures, but personally I'd prefer a warm rainy winter with 3 days of 4"+ snow cover than 3 weeks of outflow with little-to-no snow.

I'd really prefer a warm winter, frustrating to have a cold one when you live in a cold climate.