February Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Deweydog

The Central Puget Sound looks golden right now. Heavier echoes approaching Seattle from both the WSW and the NNW. Could get good for many.

Yep! I think they are going to get a great slug of snow...probably more than I got. I have a 1/2 of new, enough to freshen up the Sunday snow.

Still light snow falling though.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

The Central Puget Sound looks golden right now. Heavier echoes approaching Seattle from both the WSW and the NNW. Could get good for many.

Its just the main band coming through from the NW. Its not actually approaching from all directions and exploding. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

If it snows here tonight it will have snowed at some point every day since Sunday. Would also be the fifth separate occasion it’s snowed and stuck since Valentine’s morning. Not bad at all for this late in the season.

Also had my third consecutive sub-40 high today, and third consecutive sub-30 low. It looks possible that that stretch continues through Friday.

• Like 3

It dumped snow in Victoria most of this afternoon. Probably about 3~4" of accumulation out there now. I snapped this on the walk home:

9TQGLk7.jpg

Very cool. That is amazing.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Its just the main band coming through from the NW. Its not actually approaching from all directions and exploding. :)

Tim’s back from the beach! Are you having dinner on the lanai?

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Not too often you have snow falling in Astoria while it's raining in Kelso.

It’s actually raining somewhere? A warm finger/nose/tongue action?

I guess character doesn’t change with the geography.

I have said hundreds of positive things on here the last two weeks. HUNDREDS. No comment on those? It was a friendly poke at a giddy statement. Like everyone on here does to me all the time.

Re-f*cking-lax dude. I am on my third mai tai here too. :)

I have said hundreds of positive things on here the last two weeks. HUNDREDS. No comment on those? It was a friendly poke at a giddy statement. Like everyone on here does to me all the time.

Re-f*cking-lax dude. I am on my third mai tai here too. :)

I’m sooo conflicted...my two favorite types of weather...what I’m experiencing, and what you are experiencing. I should have packed up the family and went somewhere warm in January.
  • Like 1

I'm beginning to think I'm gonna be happy. Both the NAM and HRRR both show decent accumulations. I think the NWS is bitter about whiffing last night and don't want to get burned again. Hope they get burned again down here  :)

Put down the bottle dolt (but don't keep it too far away), tonight you should get something. 

• Like 1

The NWS DOES NOT have a WSW here, this is a huge indication for why this event will slaughter yesterdays that did have a WSW (though topping 0 inches of snow isn't hard). 

Much colder airmass (-9.5c 850), already down to freezing, no southerly breeze and healthier looking radar. If this can't deliver I don't know what can.

• Like 1

The NWS DOES NOT have a WSW here, this is a huge indication for why this event will slaughter yesterdays that did have a WSW (though topping 0 inches of snow isn't hard).

Much colder airmass (-9.5c 850), already down to freezing, no southerly breeze and healthier looking radar. If this can't deliver I don't know what can.

I do.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I've had about a quarter inch here so far.  I'm hoping it can get heavier with that stuff approaching from the WSW.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest Sounder

Over an inch on the roof of my building downtown already. Though that's kind of cheating given it's a 400' building that already starts at 200' AGL, but if I have to cheat my way to decent snow then I'll do it!!!

• Like 4

35 with dp of 32. Not sure we are gonna make it here. No wind tho.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

It appears the Friday system will definitely be snow.  I would have to guess yes considering how fresh the cold air mass will be tomorrow.  Friday night could come down to how solidly any south wind is able to get in here.  The ICON keeps the unfavorable gradient a bit south of the GFS.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

35 with dp of 32. Not sure we are gonna make it here. No wind tho.

Sounds like you are well on your way. 850mb temps are -9.5C dude.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.