December 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Tyler Mode

Christmas decorations are 100% completed...finally! The PDO/PNA/WHAM can tank now giving us a 1990 redux!

Currently 38 after a high of 43.

B246ABA8-8575-47D2-B983-F413080E9141.jpeg

58A67E08-5A85-4047-97A3-ADA8345C76E2.jpeg

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Great holiday pics guys!

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

And every warm spell is a direct result global warming per the media.     That story was done during the smoke of August... they were looking for scary stories.   :rolleyes:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Getting in our snow dances tonight. Snow should arrive soon.

IMG_20181208_191259_303.jpg

Good place to be

Don’t get too wasted.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Currently 40 and foggy.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I apologize if I said anything uncalled for/silly earlier. I know I don't know much about the workings of this blog, but I responded in a way that may no have been entirely good.

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

What would it take to keep all the f***** political posts off this thread? I despise anything to do with politics.

Only one who made it political was Tim... so I suppose keeping Tim off this thread is the answer to your question. Not to mention the answer to other problems as well

• Like 5

I apologize if I said anything uncalled for/silly earlier. I know I don't know much about the workings of this blog, but I responded in a way that may no have been entirely good.

K12, you have a caring heart and nothing wrong with that. Continue to just be you

It’s all part of the forum world

• Like 5

He just needs to know PuyallupJon is a d!ck, who contributes nothing beneficial :)

Nice.    Slipping back to the old Bryant.

How many times have you seen me challenging Jim on anything weather related this year?   Or last year?  

You said many times that all I had to do was improve my interactions with Jim and you would be fine with me.    I have 100% changed my tune and my approach.

But you were never going to be fine with me regardless.    Same with Jesse.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nice.

Slipping back to the old Bryant.

How many times have you seen me challenging Jim on anything weather related this year? Or last year?

You said many times that all I had to do was improve my interactions with Jim and you would be fine with me.

But that was never true.

You quoted the wrong post, b*tch. :)

Puyallupjon is a worthless, subhuman puddle of dog vomit. This is an indisputable fact.

• Like 1

You quoted the wrong post, b*tch. :)

Puyallupjon is a worthless, subhuman puddle of dog vomit. It’s a well known fact.

No. It was one of a few he has made today.

And every warm spell is a direct result global warming per the media. That story was done during the smoke of August... they were looking for scary stories. :rolleyes:

Nah. The widespread tree mortality thing is pretty real. Sadly our temperate rainforests generally need more than just a little bit of picnic ruining dribble between June and September to survive, and it’s been over four years since that’s happened in any sort of meaningful way. Starting to take its toll. Having summer conditions start in late April this year certainly didn’t help matters.

Anyway, I actually stumbled upon that news story when I was doing a little reading up on western hemlock die back earlier. Maybe half of the western hemlocks on our hike today were either dead or experiencing heavy dieback. This includes some very old ones. I guess they are shallow rooted and highly intolerant to drought, which makes sense.

Nice. Slipping back to the old Bryant.

How many times have you seen me challenging Jim on anything weather related this year? Or last year?

You said many times that all I had to do was improve my interactions with Jim and you would be fine with me. I have 100% changed my tune and my approach.

But you were never going to be fine with me regardless. Same with Jesse.

I called someone a d!ck who deserved to be called a d!ck. At least quote the comment I made that was directed towards you next time :)

• Like 1

Jim pretty much never comes on here anymore and that is a shame. I did see some posts today and that was nice. Can only beat a dog so long.

Not coming from me.   We are on great terms and have been for quite awhile.   

Not coming from me. We are on great terms and have been for quite awhile.

You were literally just attacking him on the banter thread that you have apparently decided to turn into a political thread. Granted I agree he’s off base, but c’mon man.

• Like 1

Not coming from me. We are on great terms and have been for quite awhile.

As long as his opinions are the correct ones.

• Like 1

K12, you have a caring heart and nothing wrong with that. Continue to just be you

It’s all part of the forum world

Thank you :)

That's really nice of you to say.

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Jesse, spot on with the hemlock observation. I've lost 4 hemlocks due to water deprevation at my house property. I have a friend that is a 4th generation logger and has probable spent more time in woods than all of us and his words from his mouth is the woods on this side of Cascades are drier than he's ever seen in the 50 years he has logged.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

You were literally just attacking him on the banter thread that you have apparently decided to turn into a political thread. Granted I agree he’s off base, but c’mon man.

What??

I said weather related.     Politics is fair game.

But I have 100% changed my approach and my attitude when it comes to my interactions with Jim in our weather discussions... which is the state purposed of this forum.      

Not coming from me.   We are on great terms and have been for quite awhile.

I'm glad you and him patched things up but that dont change the fact that you beat on him for a good ten years. He used to be a top poster. You do the same thing he did. You sort through models that show dry spells ten days away especially on weekends and then throw a few rainy days in there just for gp. Jim would sort through models that showed cold and maybe snow and you made fun of him for it. I've kept my mouth shut for ten years on this forum and that is bullshit for any member on a forum to be harassed like that for so long. Huge loss to not have one of the greatest weather minds on this forum not posting everyday for whatever reason that might be.
  • Like 3

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

As long as his opinions are the correct ones.

Not when it comes to our weather discussion.   

And if you are talking about his weather preferences... we are pretty much in sync anyways.   

I'm glad you and him patched things up but that dont change the fact that you beat on him for a good ten years. He used to be a top poster. You do the same thing he did. You sort through models that show dry spells ten days away especially on weekends and then throw a few rainy days in there just for gp. Jim would sort through models that showed cold and maybe snow and you made fun of him for it. I've kept my mouth shut for ten years on this forum and that is bullshit for any member on a forum to be harassed like that for so long. Huge loss to not have one of the greatest weather minds on this forum not posting everyday for whatever reason that might be.

Totally unfair.

Jim says he hates this climate. That is why he gets so frustrated and disappears. And why he gets so worked up. Its not because of me. Really has never been about me. He always told me that he likes me and I don't really bother him. He just ignored me when I was being a d*ck.

I actually like living here... and post about the models and the upcoming weather all year long. Whatever nature brings.

Very well said. I always looked forward to Jim's posts, and the research he did was phenomenal. While he still occasionally posts, this place just isn't the same without his consistent content and upbeat attitude. I know this climate can wear you down, and I'm sure Tim will claim that's the only reason he doesn't post as often, but we all know that isn't completely true.

• Like 2