Jan 27th-29th Strong Hybrid Clipper

Tom

It was acting weird with this storm last night too, but the other models have continued to show this storm. Maybe I’ll be wrong, but I think it’s just performing terrible. Maybe the govt shutdown is getting to it lol

I thought GFSes blew the last storm pretty good too. Just my 2 cents. Seems like it likes to come in warm and weak with this pattern we're in. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's better. I would even argue it could even be worse for a time as they work with the new software and make adjustments.

• Like 1

The euro has dropped the system from super clipper to more of an ordinary high end clipper.  Except for the weak FV3, the models are darn close this morning.  I'll certainly take 5-8 inches of clipper fluff.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Fluctuations on qpf this far out to be expected and will continue. This weekend will be interesting to see what they show compared to what the models that were on the high end. Will the GFS/Gem continue to be on the high end and will the Euro stay the middle ground. At least the consensus is for a decent storm.  

Just copying you lol

And I’m just busting your balls haha! But I do think it’s worth noting. You actually beat me to posting it. Just because it’s long term NAM and not reliable, doesn’t mean it’s not worth mentioning at least. It’s just interesting to compare to what other models see and have, even if it’s not worth a darn. I think I’d trust the long term NAM over the FV3 right now, honestly :P

• Like 1