Jan 27th-29th Strong Hybrid Clipper

Tom

We're still 60 hours out from precip hitting the Iowa/MN border so this track will obviously wobble, but I think I'll be lucky to stay in a 6" band as we move forward. The trend is north. If the UK and Euro start heading that way then I'm in trouble.

If it keeps trending that way, it could get iffy. That said, there have been plenty of times where it goes north now, and then starts to trend south again later (and vice versa). Point being, as long as it doesn’t trend super far north, anything is still possible at this point.

This has Wisconsin special written all over it. With strong LLJ, there really isn’t a whole lot to keep the baroclinic zone from just packing it’s bags and traveling north. I’d expect the low to cut through Iowa in some capacity.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Yeah this is gunna be a yikes from me dawg

yikes.JPG

So I disagree with the northerly solutions. I just don't see this thing going this far north with the cold air in place right now. It's showing rain in less than 48 hours, and it's literally -1 outside. There's just no way. But I also have no scientifical explanation for it, I'm just going with my gut. Hope I'm right, but otherwise, looks like I'm taking a roadie up to my cousins place in Madison! 

• Like 1