February 2019 Weather Observations and Discussion Part 2

snow_wizard

Guest Sounder

As someone else said, your timing is impeccable, but I know for a fact and many others agree that it is on purpose contrary to what you say, hope you had a great Tuesday!!

Tim definitely likes to purposefully antagonize people on here with his "innocent" observations, but at least he has some substance and at least 2 brain cells worth of thought behind his negative posts, unlike you.

Tim definitely likes to purposefully antagonize people on here with his "innocent" observations, but at least he has some substance and at least 2 brain cells worth of thought behind his negative posts, unlike you.

Lol, I am me, I will not pander... anyways, back to weather, 30/15 spread here!!

I also get excited for people too... and have no problem posting good news that I see in the models. Not sure why I would do that if my only goal was to ruin the fun. I have also been overly-optimistic at times and have been burned.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Guest Sounder

I also get excited for people too... and have no problem posting good news that I see in the models. Not sure why I would do that if my only goal was to ruin the fun. I have also been overly-optimistic at times and have been burned.

Definitely true. You're one of the few posters who shows an interest in tracking any events that aren't directly in their own backyard, which I appreciate.
  • Like 1

It's rare we get a sunset like this because clouds approach normally from the west obviously.  The storm moving in from the south put on an epic show being right on the edge of the cloud band.

If there is one thing the cold/heat/dry/wet/cloudy/sunny lovers can all agree on, it's that a beautiful sunset rocks.

A forum for the end of the world.

Guest Sounder

The radar looks quite impressive to the south, hopefully that stuff all makes it to PDX intact. It is already at about Salem. Might have the precip rates we need to get accumulations with that stuff.

With the number of underperforming events this month in Portland, they sure are due for one to overperform. This feels like one that might actually do it.

Funny that the least marginal event from a temperature perspective in Portland this year is coming in nearly March.

• Like 3

The radar looks quite impressive to the south, hopefully that stuff all makes it to PDX intact. It is already at about Salem. Might have the precip rates we need to get accumulations with that stuff.

Agreed. It’s nice to have these flurries “moistening” things up right now, priming the atmosphere for the real stuff in a few hours. Humidity is 55% and rising at PDX.

• Like 1

With the number of underperforming events this month in Portland, they sure are due for one to overperform. This feels like one that might actually do it.

Funny that the least marginal event from a temperature perspective in Portland this year is coming in nearly March.

Totally agree, mentioned earlier today this one could surprise PDX, hopefully this will happen. We’ll see.

• Like 1

Yep, today was the first time this season that I saw snowflakes here with the temp below freezing. 

The howling east winds and near single digit dewpoints really make it feel like December or January. Not sure I remember ever experiencing outflow like this at the end of Feb or early March here.  

I've gotta think this is the most snow in such a short amount of time that EUG has seen since Jan 1969.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I have lived in Eugene my entire life ( I’m almost 50), I have never seen anything like this.

You'll probably end up with more than here in spite of there having been far more snow chances up here to this point. This part of Victoria ended up with about 18.5" from Feb 8 - 14th, with most falling on the 10/11th.

Just takes one event to make for a historic month, doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 2