2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

It was probably already mentioned and I just missed it but the 00z 3km NAM had a nice increase in overall totals from previous runs.

hzMurrI.png

I was too busy looking at my area of blue and the finger of blue over my old place...then I zoomed out. One sad face down south. ☹️
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I have a feeling this is gonna be a peninsula special. Does this have the look of the febuary 23rd 2018 event?

I think you're thinking of the Feb 21st event. This is different, that event was triggered by a low sliding down the trough axis from the north into a cold airmass. I think it pulled some moist coastal air in from the west and there was a bit of enhancement resulting from the outflow. There wasn't anything like the cut-off low hanging off the coast tomorrow. I can't ever remember seeing snowfall from such a feature in the past; they typically phase with the trough axis, but this one is too far separated.

I think you're thinking of the Feb 21st event. This is different, that event was triggered by a low sliding down the trough axis from the north into a cold airmass. I think it pulled some moist coastal air in from the west and there was a bit of enhancement resulting from the outflow. There wasn't anything like the cut-off low hanging off the coast tomorrow. I can't ever remember seeing snowfall from such a feature in the past; they typically phase with the trough axis, but this one is too far separated.

So do you think the cut off low could hurt us or help us?

Radar is still down here. Not only that, NWS still does not have an explanation why it's down. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/jb3bl1.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/sz9xqv.jpg

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

All depends on where exactly it ends up. The models will struggle modeling the deformation band until the low that's currently over Oregon starts to wind down. It'd be a far easier call if this were a low running up from the S/SW, we'd end up with a major overrunning snow and fully take advantage of this cold dry airmass. This thing looks hit or miss.

Once some heavier moisture makes it's way further North, the atmosphere should get saturated enough where we start seeing some snow. Right now I'm thinking this won't happen until midnight here at PDX Metro.

I doubt the air mass is going to get saturated at all in the Portland area.   

The dewpoint needs to go up about 15 degrees.    Does not seem like there is enough moisture coming in to make that happen.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nws Seattle put out a bulletin on their Twitter for accumulations of under 1” basically everywhere in Western WA and said south interior with elevation could see 1-2”

They still say rain during afternoon hours however

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I can say one thing, these setups are usually terrible for precipitation here in the late spring/summer. But I'm not sure the same dynamics will apply this time with low level outflow and the Juan de Fuca being warmer than surrounding landmasses/Strait of Georgia.

All depends on where exactly it ends up. The models will struggle modeling the deformation band until the low that's currently over Oregon starts to wind down. It'd be a far easier call if this were a low running up from the S/SW, we'd end up with a major overrunning snow and fully take advantage of this cold dry airmass. This thing looks hit or miss.

The main band has been trending south in the models for the past 24 hrs. I wouldn’t be surprised if it continues to trend south and hit us instead of Vancouver

Think we'll get more than a dusting out of this?

It’s a tough call. I’m guessing I’m probably in one of the worst spots being relatively close to the Gorge. But for you and others west and south of here, like FroYoBro, I could pretty easily picture 1-2” if things work out right.

• Like 1

It’s a tough call. I’m guessing I’m probably in one of the worst spots being relatively close to the Gorge. But for you and others west and south of here, like FroYoBro, I could pretty easily picture 1-2” if things work out right.

Doesn't hurt that something is actually falling out of the sky for you though. 

Here is what the NAM thought would happen. Looks better than that for sure. 

namconus_ref_frzn_nwus_5.png

• Like 1

FWIW... the 12Z ECMWF showed the dewpoint at PDX at 4 p.m. to be 12 degrees and then 16 by 4 a.m. and 19 at 10 a.m. tomorrow.

All this wasted energy you always spend trying to talk everyone out of being excited over an event. Like your ridiculous predictions regarding the #trendingnorth low that ending up landfalling down near the California border a few days ago. Just let it ride and let people have their fun.

• Like 1

There he is, #buzzkilltim

I don't get this.   

I just like to know the facts good or bad... even with things I really want to happen.   I don't understand cheerleading the weather.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You can't just look at surface dewpoints and think that the air is dry at all levels. Jesus.

You easily can. Just like you can look at a totally different 500mb pattern and expect the low the trend the same way regardless, then spend days stubbornly digging your heels in when people try tell you you’re wrong.