December 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Timmy Supercell

It’s funny you post this, but you honestly add very little.

I find that that reading more and posting less is really the best way to enjoy the forum. What I may lack in “adding” I more than make up by not by mucking up the boards with nonsense.

• Like 8

Guest CulverJosh

I find that that reading more and posting less is really the best way to enjoy the forum. What I may lack in “adding” I more than make up by not by mucking up the boards with nonsense.

Phil makes it hard. He posts a bunch of nonsensical weather gobbledygook that pros laugh at. His way of speaking is ridiculous. I would prefer he said hella and groovy over the insane weather indecipherable acronym BS that he posts for all of us. To take him serious is a huge joke.

You are more than good, Timmy.

Oh, and when he is challenged and/or gets upset he says a bunch of insults and gets vulgar and vial. He cusses like a little girl.

The smart people on here have seen it time and again.

The biggest question is why he is even here? I have been to Maryland, guess I can relate.

• Like 1

We should all try smiling more often. It's Elf's favorite thing to do. 

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Coolio. As in 15 miles from where you live now or where you grew up?

Guess the Pac NW does produce talent after all.

Whoa whoa, of course the PNW produces talent! Kurt Cobain, Hope Solo, Courtney Love, Jimi Hendrix, Kenny G, Bill Gates, Bing Crosby, Rainn Wilson... we’ve got quite a bit :)

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I’m a leg guy too. Personalities always are a distant fourth. Lol

I know right? Parallel thinking here..I could care less about the “fourth estate”, so to speak, at this point in my life.

Of course that calculus will change if/when I decide to try and build a family. Am begrudgingly moving in that direction..sucks growing up.

Guest CulverJosh

I know right? Parallel thinking here..I could care less about the “fourth estate”, so to speak, at this point in my life.

Of course that calculus will change if/when I decide to try and build a family. Am begrudgingly moving in that direction..sucks growing up.

That would be a scary family.

Coolio. So that’s 15 miles from where you live now or where you grew up?

Had no idea. Guess the Pac NW does produce talent after all.

where I live now and grew up. I only lived in Maryland till I was 2 years old. Many many great rock n roll artists from this area. Hendrix, nirvana, heart, foo fighters, steve Miller band, queensryche, pearl jam Alice n chains soundgarden and many more. Yeah a bit of talent.
  • Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Whoa whoa, of course the PNW produces talent! Kurt Cobain, Hope Solo, Courtney Love, Jimi Hendrix, Kenny G, Bill Gates, Bing Crosby, Rainn Wilson... we’ve got quite a bit :)

You beat my edit you bastard. Did a google search and quickly deleted that disaster of a sentence.

Apparently not quick enough.

• Like 3

That would be a scary family.

Can you cool it with the personal insults? I totally understand banter but you seem to cross it way too often.

• Like 5

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest CulverJosh

Can you cool it with the personal insults? I totally understand banter but you seem to cross it way too often.

I was talking to Phil. Cool your jets young’un. Your day will come. I remember being your age.

'Tis the season for mucky inversions!

45/29 in North Bend and it looks like it was sunny or partly sunny most of the day with no haze.  

Still looks nice even after sunset...

nb2.png

According to my nest cam foggy most the day but did break out with a little blue near sunset.

nice and toasty at your elevation !

I was talking to Phil. Cool your jets young’un. Your day will come. I remember being your age.

What’s your problem tonight? You came in here attacking people completely unprovoked.

• Like 4

Really, I don’t understand why, of all things in the world, a weather forum needs to get so personal. Seriously people, let’s just appreciate what may or may not come and go with the flow. Trite platitude, but apt IMO

The only time I get personal is if people attack my base of knowledge.  I have earned not being attacked on that by being as old as I am if nothing else.

• Like 4

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Really liked where the 18z goes in the long range.

If that verifies the block will eventually tap into some vodka cold.  The 12z was pretty nuts also.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

:rolleyes:

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Guest CulverJosh

Honey fetch me a beer it's almost my 7pm bedtime and I gotta trash on people in a weather forum in a way that absolutely doesn't reveal my insecurities

You really respect this Phil character?

BTW...today's WRF indicated mostly chilly weather well into next week.  Looks like another round of freezing nights coming up too, just before a brief warm up.  Just after the solstice is when the cold normally starts to kick in with our best winters.  This one is right on track.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Guest CulverJosh

"Blah blah Phil is so stupid... Blah blah I like to get laid and have better sex than all you so-called men... Something something women are stupid and ignorant... Blah blah NWS insider is coming over to tell me how cool I am and how great this winter will be... Something something wait till you grow up and become a real man like me."

Let's see, did I miss anything? I think that about sums up his usual responses. Maybe a splash of "I drink sooo much lolz" thrown in there somewhere.

Better for the banter thread.

Merry Xmas and happy New Years all.

None of us really know anyone here unless you have met numerous times. Just like internet dating.

I have no “real” opinion about Phil or anyone else here.

• Like 1

"Blah blah Phil is so stupid... Blah blah I like to get laid and have better sex than all you so-called men... Something something women are stupid and ignorant... Blah blah NWS insider is coming over to tell me how cool I am and how great this winter will be... Something something wait till you grow up and become a real man like me."

Let's see, did I miss anything? I think that about sums up his usual responses. Maybe a splash of "I drink sooo much lolz" thrown in there somewhere.

I think you got most of it. Sometimes he’ll throw in the “millennials suck” verbiage for good measure.

You would cry if you worked with me for a day.

Yeah, okay Archie. Whatever gets you through the night.

You clearly don’t know me at all. But whatever.

Oh, on the topic of rudeness— I sincerely apologize if I’ve been rude to anyone in the past. I’ve definitely attempting to contribute more and b*tch less (though yeah, occasionally I will find reason to whine about the weather).

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

Guest CulverJosh

Yeah, okay Archie. Whatever gets you through the night.

You clearly don’t know me at all. But whatever.

Not really interested.

Mat, Dave and I....will load up a couple 5 gallon buckets full of beer and head down to the creek with our solar radio and drink until the sun comes up. You in????