February 2020 (It's cold at the end of the run!)

Madtown

The 06z GFS suddenly went more progressive with the Dakota energy, like the Euro, so that's all it took to ixnay the entire storm.  We may have to just hope for the lead storm to be north and colder.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

We've had the 4th wettest February on record. Total of 3.01".

More rain on the way from the south beginning late afternoon and continuing through the night.

Temps in the 40's.

More rain possible this Sunday. 40% chance.

I'm enjoying while I can as the tap may shut off early.

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

At 24F under beautiful sunny skies and patches of snow around.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Yeah, crush job from the 00z GFS.  I have spring fever, but I wouldn't pass up something like this.  The problem is the Euro has nothing like this.  It does not dig the energy in the Rockies like the GFS.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_34.png

Plenty of cutters for sure. Things look good for you. Watching the storms pass south and west of Baltimore. I'm going out on a limb. It ain't our year...

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Models are still struggling.  The GFS has dropped the final wave biggie, but is now favoring a more robust, farther north lead wave.  The UK is similar, now showing decent snow in Iowa from the lead wave.  The Canadian shows a strong northern stream suppressing everything.  It does have snow from the lead wave for some of our eastern members.

12z UK... this is from the lead wave

sn10_024h.us_mw.png

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

GFS is coming out very slowly, but it's much faster on Instant Wx Maps, out to almost hour 200 vs. 78 on Pivotal.  Followed the trend of the 6z run and has basically one storm now Sunday night into Monday and lingering into Tuesday, vs. 2 separate systems on the 00z run with the 2nd one producing the massive snow storm.  

It is snowing now in Cedar Rapids. I wasn't expecting any snow today. Radar suggests it could last for at least a few hours. 

It has been nothing more than mood flakes with no accumulation.

Grand Island has been reporting moderate to heavy snow the past couple of hours. Clint must not be too impressed because its silence from him :lol: . The usual steady light pixie dust has commenced here with a very light dusting now. 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

So far for the first 19 days of February, I've had .2" of snow and .01" of lt rain. Average temp has been 2.1 degrees above average as well. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................................................................................................

Well you better get ready then because word on the forum is that REAL WINTER arrives in.... that’s right, TWO WEEEEEEEEKS!!!

• Like 1

We'll stay in the high 40's to low 50's through the weekend. But rain will be the name of the game through Friday.

Unfortunately the rain will stop when the temps plunge to 32 on Saturday night......no snow.

We've had light rain all day. Cold and damp. One of our rainiest February's, so damp some hedges are developing a fungus.

We're just not supposed to have this kind of climate here.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*