April 13th-16th Spring Bowling Ball Powerhouse

Tom

I'll take the 3km Nam rgem or the gfs and be happy... Wierd evolution to this thing...

Yup

Even Nam and rgem increased totals around here. Not huge amounts but both now showing 6+ with 12km Nam around 10. Either way should be a ton of precip. Models spitting out 1.5+ with the 2nd wave.

• Like 1

6z gfs says we got another snowstorm in a few days after this. Same areas hit with this one could get another 6+

Its nuts. Every warm up I've seen keeps staying in the lala land portion of the weather models. One thing is absolutely sure, this is about the most reliable pattern I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1

So mkx says what snow....all the models seem snowier?

6z models def trended snowier for us. We’ll see if they continue but I could see it happening. All depends on the column above the surface. One or two degree difference could be everything. Surface and air temps look decent for snow (26-28)

Tough forecast for them

Point in click said total nightime accumulation of 4" for wis rapids....has another 11" to go

So overachier for him so far

I noticed GB area had to upgrade to a WSW overnight because they got more snow than expected. Appleton still reporting heavy snow. Supposed to be a mix

6z gfs says we got another snowstorm in a few days after this. Same areas hit with this one could get another 6+

Just seeing these type of maps this time of year is something I will never forget...

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2018041406/132/snku_acc.us_mw.png

• Like 2

Just woke up and watching replays of the models. Looks like this thing has slowed down to a crawl. MPX extending warning times into Monday now. Snow about to move back in here shortly after a long lull. I’d say I have about 3” down but the winds have blown it all around so difficult to measure. Possible 1”/hr rates most of the day it appears.

I didn’t see you I don’t think. we were in our car most of the time though facing west on the edge of the lot. I was in the black Toyota that was near the white vehicle that had the chaser paint job on the sides.

If you were there during the tornado warning then no. I got there about 30 minutes after the warning was cancelled.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Good morning from the Bay City area. The last readings at MBS (about 20 miles SW of where I am now at) has light rain with a temperature of 34° a DP of 30° and NE winds of 32 MPH gusting to 45MPH.  Looking out the window here there is ice on the car with what looks to be a rain snow mix. And boy it is windy out there. We are less than ¼ mile from Saginaw Bay and the wind is just roaring at this time.

• Like 1

Pavement is wet here so that should help with the cooling. Now all we need are 30+ dbZ or so rates for it to accumulate on the roads. Most models have the dry slot filling in but they've done a shitty job with dry air this whole year. In other news, it looks like a tropical storm outside. Windows howling, trees basically sideways, heavy rain, gives me Texas nostalgia. 36.1*F.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Drifting and drifts in my neighborhood. No idea how much we have had so far, but we have been lucky enough to be under fairly heavy bands since last evening. At various times visibility has been 0. Travel is not advised or is impossible in many areas of my region of Central Nebraska, but some areas have not seen a flake yet( especially east of the Tri-Cities).

Longest stretch of the 80 I've ever seen closed. Shut down between Kearney and Laramie, WY now with the exception of metro Cheyenne. If things get as bad as they're supposed to, wouldn't be surprised to see it closed West of Lincoln or York later.

EDIT: It's closed West of Grand Island now.

We’re not going to get the lull. Precip filling in in S MN. Flake size is getting larger.

You are sitting pretty...I just took a peak at some web cams in MN & WI, I must say, it looks like the middle of winter with powder flying off the roofs!