December 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Snow advisory out for all of Puget Sound now.

Now time to cancel the advisory for all of Oregon counties under one LOL

Are even the warning areas at least getting decent pack today? Or not?

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 21
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 5/7
5/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

I already gave you a reason to not trust the HRRR past 3-4 hours out, and you ignored it so I can't help you there.

I think we both know the 00z ECMWF was not going to verify with snow starting at 4AM, regardless of what this afternoon/evening does. That was pretty D**n obvious.

Stop grasping at straws because you are worried that there won't be snow on the ground when your family comes. It's one thing to report what the WRF/HRRR is showing, it's another to make multiple posts (what is it, eight now this morning?) about how the event is "over for King County". You may end up right but it's way too early to tell.

I said the models showed this event is over for King County in terms of accumulating snow.   I don't know what will actually happen but I am much less optimistic based on the satellite and radar than I was when I went to bed.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Trying to stick to paved surfaces now here at sea level, getting the equipment ready here at my second job for snow removal. I would say this is majorly overperforming here at sea level!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It's not looking good for accumulating snow across King County or anywhere south of maybe Arlington, not much at this time that suggests otherwise. This is a borderline, precip rate driven event that has tracked significantly NW of where the earlier model guidance had it.

Don't be realistic!   No room for that kind of crap here.   Nothing has changed... its all good.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just took a drive up to about 750ft here this morning for a possible splat and even a visual snowflake. Nada... At this point just not cold enough. My drive temp fluctuated between 37 and 35 degrees. No splats, no snow. I sure hope some people in the puget sound that missed out before see some today.  Happy for them!! :) Sadly, it is not looking good at this point. :(

Just took a drive up to about 750ft here this morning for a possible splat and even a visual snowflake. Nada... At this point just not cold enough. My drive temp fluctuated between 37 and 35 degrees. No splats, no snow. I sure hope some people in the puget sound that missed out before see some today.  Happy for them!! :) Sadly, it is not looking good at this point. :(

Cheer up, it may not be snowing there now but the models look like !

Reports on Twitter of snow in Bellingham, Shoreline, Marysville, Mount Vernon, Oak Harbor, Lynnwood, Edmonds, and Bothell.

Rain/snow mix in neighborhoods with elevation in Seattle, like Wallingford.

Regardless of King County (really just Tim's house), definitely nice to see overperforming in certain areas.

Most definitely over performing this morning up here!! Love it!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Looks like we are kind of back to square one now with the ensembles. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Sometimes I feel like this forum needs this

image.jpeg

• Like 2

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Coastal radar back up... nothing much to see there.

Not much coming from the SW... and the stuff offshore is moving to the SE obviously in NW flow behind departing low.

Coastal radar back up... nothing much to see there.

Not much coming from the SW... and the stuff offshore is moving to the SE obviously in NW flow behind departing low.

Doesn't matter, the remaining moisture isn't slated to move in until later this afternoon/evening....

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."