February Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Deweydog

It would help if you actually acknowledged their pain. Show a little empathy.

Switch places, and I guarantee most the Portland area posters would feel exactly the same as Seattle area posters do now. Weenies are weenies, no matter where they live.

I’ve done nothing but. I always root for people up north to get in on the fun. You are just trying to stir the pot.

24! I am honestly glad folks down south are joining in the fun...but it helps that I still have a lot of white! And my dog now has snow traction!

9A6AA86A-BA96-48C4-84F6-5910C3365343.jpeg

F74DA95B-F36D-4C75-B5E6-6ECFC91A019C.jpeg

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Almost 1"  sitting at 32.4, down from 34 most of the day.  I'd have probably 3" if everything hadn't melted during the day.  Those people getting a little east wind drift have benefited a degree, maybe two degrees lower.  Makes all the difference in these kinds of events.  I'm at 315ft and people downtown have had more snow sticking than I do. 

I’ve done nothing but. I always root for people up north to get in on the fun. You are just trying to stir the pot.

Well, you downplayed the snow/cold disparity a lot of Seattle area posters have been on the wrong end of in recent years. I could just as easily say you stirred the pot by calling the reason they've felt left out a "myth".

Whether you'll admit it was wrong or not (tonight doesn't help), it definitely wasn't very empathetic.

A forum for the end of the world.

I wasn't going to post anything tonight, but I have to point out both the ICON and GFS are colder on everything through day 5 at least.  Absolutely amazing how the cold keeps getting added to.  The GFS continues to be amazingly stingy on Seattle snow however.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Well, you downplayed the snow/cold disparity a lot of Seattle area posters have been on the wrong end of in recent years. I could just as easily say you stirred the pot by calling the reason they've felt left out a "myth".

Whether you'll admit it was wrong or not (tonight doesn't help), it definitely wasn't very empathetic.

Who the **** cares. 

• Like 1

Good lord.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Good lord...

37 with light rain. No wind.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Based on the now functioning radar, I'm about to be hammered with rain. Just finished my 3rd drink.

Hopefully you chased it with something good

Personal Stats:

Venmo

It just kind of blows my mind the air mass will be colder 24 hours from now that it is now.  Absolutely no warming until at least Friday now.  It even appears it will be clear for much of the night so we can finally get our hard freeze here.  The longer the cold goes on the more likely it is Seattle will finally score.  I am however at an utter loss to explain the incredibly bad luck we are having up here.  Since 2012 pretty much every major cold pattern we have had has had something wrong with it to allow Seattle to score a big snow.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

If it helps you feel better Tiger, I am joining you in the no snow club soon. It has been dumping snow and I got up to maybe half an inch of accumulation on roads and then the precip rate lightened up and just about everything on the roads melted off. Air temp is somehow still reading 32.5F and snowing moderately but just can't stick to roads again. Everything is slowly melting agian.

Staley's JN also has zero snow on the ground even though it is clearly snowing there, very odd. Some sort of warm pocket on the far western part of the metro? HIO is back to 34...

US26%20at%20Staleys%20Junction2_pid2981.

It just kind of blows my mind the air mass will be colder 24 hours from now that it is now.  Absolutely no warming until at least Friday now.  It even appears it will be clear for much of the night so we can finally get our hard freeze here.  The longer the cold goes on the more likely it is Seattle will finally score.  I am however at an utter loss to explain the incredibly bad luck we are having up here.  Since 2012 pretty much every major cold pattern we have had has had something wrong with it to allow Seattle to score a big snow.

What's wrong with this airmass in your opinion? 

Maybe so, but none of the models back that up. It was warmer than expected down here. If I score an inch, I'll be happy.

The NAM came close for you guys

Personal Stats:

Venmo

If we were looking at zonal flow starting tomorrow then i would be sad but we look to have many chances to score over the next week or even longer. It aint over yet man.
  • Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

If it helps you feel better Tiger, I am joining you in the no snow club soon. It has been dumping snow and I got up to maybe half an inch of accumulation on roads and then the precip rate lightened up and just about everything on the roads melted off. Air temp is somehow still reading 32.5F and snowing moderately but just can't stick to roads again. Everything is slowly melting agian.

Staley's JN also has zero snow on the ground even though it is clearly snowing there, very odd. Some sort of warm pocket on the far western part of the metro? HIO is back to 34...

Hmm, strange. No melting here. The roads are covered and it is down to freezing. 

Maybe so, but none of the models back that up. It was warmer than expected down here. If I score an inch, I'll be happy.

NWS definitely seeing something. They're insisting on the precip band moving southward & switching over for you guys. This was tweeted less than 10 mins ago:

https://twitter.com/NWSPortland/status/966170482914611201

• Like 1

US26%20at%20Staleys%20Junction2_pid2981.

It looks like you guys might have a better chance tomorrow overnight with the low dropping down the coastline. 00z HRDPS has some nice moisture making into the valley, similar to the 12z EURO.