May 2019 Weather Discussion PNW

You read it wrong. It happens.

There have been numerous EPS runs that were more aggressive in the 10-15 day period than the 4/26 run we were discussing.   None of them have verified either.   

It is what it is... sometimes models pick up on pattern changes way too early and then back off.    The pattern change will come eventually.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

There have been numerous EPS runs that were more aggressive in the 10-15 day period than the 4/26 run we were discussing. None of them have verified either.

It is what it is... sometimes models pick up on pattern changes way too early and then back off. The pattern change will come eventually.

You don’t know what the fūck you’re talking about, and should drop this before you embarrass yourself further.

None of the EPS members had a wet pattern during this period. Not a single one. Zip. Zero. Learn how to recognize a pattern or get bent. I’m done with your nonsense.

You don’t know what the fūck you’re talking about, and should drop this before you embarrass yourself further.

None of the EPS members had a wet pattern during this period. Not a single one. Zip. Zero. Learn how to recognize a pattern or get bent. I’m done with your nonsense.

You are a troll master!

And you are wrong. And you will attack the other person ruthlessly when you are wrong.

You have been doing it for years. Remember when I was challenging your made up life story? You called me every vile name you could think of.

Some habits die hard. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

No, Tim, you’re wrong, and demonstrably so. You *accurately* noted (at the time) that “the action was to the south” because it was not an extension of the NPAC jet at all..it was/is a STJ underneath an mid/high latitude western ridge.

So the model could not have “backed off” a NPAC jet solution if it never projected it in the first place! This is common sense to anyone except fat, stupid you.

You throw yourself into these delusions for purely selfish reasons. You want to soothe your psyche..you want to believe these zonal, wet patterns are an artifact of the clown range and can be discounted whenever they manifest, and push that narrative here hoping others fortify it in pseudo-intellectual resonance.

Give it up.

No, Tim, you’re wrong, and demonstrably so. You accurately noted at the time that “the action was to the south” because it was not an extension of the NPAC jet at all. So the model could not have “backed off” such a solution if it never projected it in the first place!

You throw yourself into these delusions for purely selfish reasons. You want to soothe your psyche..you want to believe these zonal, wet patterns are an artifact of the clown range and can be discounted whenever they manifest, and push that narrative here hoping others fortify it in pseudo-intellectual resonance.

Give it up.

Always resort to personal attacks. :)

Silliness.

Side note... that was one run of many. And I said it would be dry and you said it would be wet. Which was more trolling of course.

I am your biggest weakness. You want to get me so badly. Relax dude.

And side note... I am going to really be wanting rain again soon here. So switch up your trolling accordingly.

Remember when I was challenging your made up life story? You called me every vile name you could think of.

And this is a terrible analogy because:

1) I had you fooled for years and you even defended me on multiple occasions.

2) The ongoing discussion is rooted in immediately-verifiable, objective meteorological reality. Not heresay. You are wrong, and it’s easily demonstrable.

Always resort to personal attacks. :)

Silliness.

Side note... that was one run of many. And I said it would be dry and you said it would be wet. Which was more trolling of course.

I am your biggest weakness. You want to get me so badly. Relax dude.

And side note... I am going to really be wanting rain again soon here. So switch up your trolling accordingly.

What? I was predicting ridging this month..I said it would become wet and troughy later in the month. If you have to rely on twisting around a few words in a deleted post in contradiction to everything I’ve said to jab me, you’re off the deep end.

In fact, this month might even end up wetter than average when it’s all said and done, depending on the progress of AAM transport.

And this is a terrible analogy because:

1) I had you fooled for years and you even defended me on multiple occasions.

2) The ongoing discussion is rooted in immediately-verifiable, objective meteorological reality. Not heresay. You are wrong, and it’s easily demonstrable.

OK Phil.

Keep flailing around. I am going into a meeting.

Can you spend the next 6 hours compiling old maps. That will keep you busy. ;)

And I did give you credit for your overall predictions. You have done well.

Your weakness is getting sucked into trolling me. You get way off topic and spin yourself in circles.

OK Phil.

Keep flailing around. I am going into a meeting.

Can you spend the next 6 hours compiling old maps. That will keep you busy. ;)

Just don’t bring this up again and we’re good.

Just don’t bring this up again and we’re good.

Need every EPS run since April 15th. According to you... many of them were not posted by me because they were way too troughy in the mid and long range. Now you say they have all been dry and warm. Start pulling maps... that will keep you occupied.

Will be interesting to see how long this dry streak stretches. Both SEA and PDX are already on day 9.

Streaky year.

Also why I think another rain streak is on the way for the second half of May and into early June.

Streaky year.

Also why I think another rain streak is on the way for the second half of May and into early June.

Highly unlikely it comes close to matching this dry streak. All streaks aside, dry is winning in 2019 - as it has for the past year.

A forum for the end of the world.

Highly unlikely it comes close to matching this dry streak. All streaks aside, dry is winning in 2019 - as it has for the past year.

Not saying a rain streak to match the same number of days... but a generally rainy period.

So is OLM. I imagine this will end up being one of the longest such streaks on record for this early in the year many places. Perhaps the longest.

Longer ones during BOTH of Grover Cleveland’s non-consecutive terms according to my spotty and unreliable local data. Gorgeous summer and autumn followed. Also during solar minimum I might add.

• Like 1

Already day 14 here.

we haven’t had any in 10 days here, even that was only 0.05”. It’ll have to rain sometime though.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

This forum has become an embarrassment. Bunch of pre-pubescent boys fighting does not make for a compelling weather discussion

Actually it is way more entertaining than the weather right now.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Fire season has started early. This was the view walking toward downtown Victoria today, lots of toxic smoke over the western half of town.

jLh6Hto.jpg

Yeah... that was a fire in a vacant hotel and a man is missing. But you probably knew that since its the top news story there today.

Yeah... that was a fire in a vacant hotel and a man is missing. But you probably knew that since its the top news story there today.

The smoke was visible from pretty much every part of town, it must have been burning pretty intensely to throw up such a plume. Fortunately the smoke was blowing the opposite direction from here and along most of my walk. Looks like quite a messy down there now, lucky it wasn't a windy day.

The smoke was visible from pretty much every part of town, it must have been burning pretty intensely to throw up such a plume. Fortunately the smoke was blowing the opposite direction from here and along most of my walk. Looks like quite a messy down there now, lucky it wasn't a windy day.

Tis the season...

20190506-203311.jpg

Been a very busy spring for me at work. Just finished this 57 cadilac restoration. 1000hrs of labor and this is what u get. Just finished paint a week ago. Car has modern fuel injection 4 wheel disk brakes and a 5 speed transmission.

20190504_182820.jpg

• Like 8

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Portland is set to hit 90, possibly two days in a row, which is uncommon in May. Nothing to see here.

I know you’re somewhat new around here but talk about PDX record high temps is not allowed per Jesse reg. 141(e)

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

I know you’re somewhat new around here but talk about PDX record high temps is not allowed per Jesse reg. 141(e)

Ironically I’m probably one of the main ones who talks about record highs and record warm MINs when they happen at PDX.

Record snow and cold in Bozeman tho