October 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

A true shitstorm of opinion.

Record rainfall in parts of the region does not quite generate the excitement on here as even a tiny dusting of snow can do.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Conservatives probably would have won if they had chosen a different leader. Sheer just did not connect with the public. That and clearly a big chunk of the voters were still unhappy with the job the conservatives did when last in power.

Probably would have won in a weaker economy too, both sides had pretty awful campaigns. Trudeau is pulling a Trump tonight, down 1% in the popular vote but still has a higher seat count.

I don't mind the periods of higher than normal rain and lower than normal rain we have been getting. The rain is not my favourite for getting exercise, but it is "cozy" for this time of the year to stay inside. I need to find other ways of getting my exercise when I'm not running in the rain.

The 500mb ensemble mean shows a lot of back digging after the initial invasion of cold air.  Much more than previous runs and wildly different than the operational.  I would bet a crisp $20.00 that the 0z operational will at least be some better than the 18z operational.

I was really tempted to take this bet.    Should have done it.   ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Light rain that day would have equaled the truest devastation seen yet.

Sorry you feel that way.   I just like the idea of a dry weekend.   Timing is everything.   Seems like other people on here agree with me.   

It does appear a bit closer with the main lobe at 144 hours. The initial trough over the weekend doesn't really have much potential anyways.

See post above.    ;)

That’s almost a backdoor blast on the 00z GFS to close out the month.

Pattern wise it’s very similar to an analog year that shall not be named.

• Like 1

Yeah...actually almost simultaneously.

I don't refresh every .25 seconds either.

You seem to be close to that. Point is that I could not have seen your post and just wanted to point out that I already said the same thing.

That’s almost a backdoor blast on the 00z GFS to close out the month.

Pattern wise it’s very similar to an analog year that shall not be named.

1976 or 2002?

Also, the block on the 00z GFS operational is much stronger than the block on the 18z GFS operational. Still going strong at 192 hours from the looks of it.

• Like 1

1976 or 2002?

Also, the block on the 00z GFS operational is much stronger than the block on the 18z GFS operational. Still going strong at 192 hours from the looks of it.

Should keep it dry for much longer too.

Looks very much like the ECMWF and EPS.

1976 or 2002?

You guessed it!

It was a bit farther along with the addition of westerly momentum in the subtropics, but a similar waveguide overall. We’re slower with the progression in 2019 vs 2002.

I8IwWau.gif

2002  :(

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope