December 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Timmy Supercell

He’s pissed that his family is dragging him to somewhere warm and he is going to miss the epic DB snow fest!!

Getting to the airport for our flight was juuuuuuust a little bit easier this time compared to our harrowing adventure on 2/12.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Getting to the airport for our flight was juuuuuuust a little bit easier this time compared to our harrowing adventure on 2/12.

Most likely what will happen to us when we head to Cabo in mid February.
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Since this winter isn’t going to perform...

Thoughts on spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, and winter 2020-21?

This winter will perform... just not yet. I am sure we will get nailed at some point given the situation.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

According to the dome you may not be able to get to the airport. Like he said, have enough gas on hand, and make sure you wrap your pipes. Just curious, when was DB a fisherman?

Guest CulverJosh

According to the dome you may not be able to get to the airport. Like he said, have enough gas on hand, and make sure you wrap your pipes. Just curious, when was DB a fisherman?

If he was leaving in the not so distant future then SeaTac would be iffy. Not nearly as iffy as Pdx is going to be.

If he was leaving in the not so distant future then SeaTac would be iffy. Not nearly as iffy as Pdx is going to be.

Now I’m ******* pissed...I don’t care about some stupid back door event. I’ll be in bed by 10pm now.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

More details trickling in. Maybe a 10 o’clock teaser if everyone is good.

Ask him for details and reasoning. Also, go ahead and copy the email minus his name or email address. I understand why people are skeptical of your claim, though I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. But it would help if there was some actual detail.

Ask him for details and reasoning. Also, go ahead and copy the email minus his name or email address. I understand why people are skeptical of your claim, though I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. But it would help if there was some actual detail.

It does not matter either way. Even if he was being truthful about the e-mail... it's still pointless. You know as much as anyone else.

We made it already! Hit some 45-degree drizzle in Renton... but the car was able to plow through it.

Looks like the Summit at Snoqualime is opening up tomorrow after 2ft of snow the last several days.

Just West is opening of course. My son texted me with all caps. My boys are staying home for a couple more days. My son is so desperate to ski that he is excited to go to West. That won't last long... as soon as Alpental opens.

Just West is opening of course. My son texted me with all caps. My boys are staying home for a couple more days. My son is so desperate to ski that he is excited to go to West. That won't last long... as soon as Alpental opens.

PARTY AT TIM’S PLACE!!!
  • Like 1

Guest CulverJosh

I don’t always drink on a Saturday afternoon, but when I do, I troll weather forums with fake emails and mystical snowstorms.

Nope. The bomb was dropped by my friend earlier this week. But nice try.

• Like 1

PARTY AT TIM’S PLACE!!!

Hopefully not. That was the instructions.

They are adults now... choose wisely.

My parents will be there later in the week to watch our goofy cat and dog.

Nope. The bomb was dropped by my friend earlier this week. But nice try.

You ask Phil for proof all the time, why don't you show us evidence? I mean, theoretically, you have access to it.

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

You ask Phil for proof all the time, why don't you show us evidence? I mean, theoretically, you have access to it.

I wonder if the admins know IP addresses of members, could weed out a couple fakes. I know Mark Nelsen can see them on his blog.  :lol:

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

I cant believe it's mid December already. Hopefully we start seeing some action in the long range. Before we know it, January will already be here.

That IO convection needs to DIE. :P

• Like 1

Just read a very interesting email from my nws buddy. All I can say right now is make sure you have gas for your snowblowers.

Based on what? I don’t see how a prediction like that is possible in this type of system state.

The coldest Januaries on record are several degrees colder than the coldest Decembers, however.

That was before globular worming.

• Like 1

So I’ve seen some posts on twitter concerning a wind storm chance next week but I see nothing of it here.

Why is that?

We don’t have time for a windstorm...We have a massive snowstorm to prepare for!!!!!
  • Like 2