January 11-13 Major Winter Storm/Blizzard

5 minutes ago, gabel23 said:

My gosh the icon would bury a lot of us. Things are gonna be fun following this guy!

I was just about to say, the ICON looks pretty nice for next Friday! I wish Weatherbell had 24 hour snowfall maps for it but overall 10:1 totals looking quite nice. 

icon-all-central-precip_24hr_inch-5147200.png

icon-all-central-total_snow_10to1-5147200.png

icon-all-ncentus-total_snow_10to1-5147200.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gabel23 said:

I think we gonna be busy again! Insane pattern that we are in. The Gem has it coming out in pieces so lots to iron out. Has potential for sure though!

-NAO flexing it's muscle.

1704456000-7Ix8xncR9s4grb2.png

• Like 1
  • Shivering 2

30 MB pressure gradient over IA at HR 174 Euro and similar on GFS.

The Blizzard of DEC 09' was 22 MB. 55-65 mph gusts with sustained at 40mph. Shut down I-35 and I-80 for 36 hours.

• Like 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

where ever this things sets up- the snow ratios on the NW side are going to be very high.

• Like 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

2 minutes ago, Money said:

971 MB L lmao

6z GFS

E23BD8E5-B8AD-4148-AAC9-1424D008448D.png

It goes 964 over Lake Michigan. That's like a CAT 3 Cane'.

• Like 2
  • bongocat-test 1

Basically the only hope I have here is that it trends North enough to give Duluth a few inches, as I'll be there on Saturday. This isn't gonna do anything for me here at home.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

NWS Hastings morning disco:

latest ensemble blend gives a 60-80% chance for wind chills of at least -20F, and a 30-60% chance of -30F, or colder, which would be Wind Chill Warning worthy. I wouldn`t rule out even colder air if we indeed add to snowpack with fresh snow on Fri, as some model data has indicated. Buckle up...Old Man Winter is going to smack us in the face over the next 7-10 days, at least!

• Like 3
  • Shivering 3

9 hours ago, Clinton said:

Full out blizzard on that run!

This is the ONE...man, I'm torn bc its my Mothers 77th B Day on the 14th and we just about made plans last night.  Gosh, I wonder what she would say if I said I'll book the flights and fly into Chicago late next week?  LOL, anyway...Ozark Nation is literally ground Zero across MO.  Could you be dreaming???  

8 hours ago, StupidFlanders said:

Longtime lurker. Like reading the forums for snow-related stuff. I'm near Chicago and have some travel next week. What is forecast looking like for these storms? Seems like it's all over the place lol 

What days you traveling?

45 minutes ago, Clinton said:

6z GEFS 11th-15th

1705330800-2GLLhAlWeQo.png

Build the Freakin' Glacier!  I'm tickled with Joy to see all my friends on here about to get nailed with systems Galore!  Not only the Snow, but the cold has staying Power.  Buckle up buddy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1