1 minute ago, Requiem said:

The Tanna Tuva model (which takes its data from the Ulaanbaatar weather observatory) just released new experimental data and there are big changes. Huge north trends, huge south trends. Definitely warner, but also way more frigid. 

It rained all night, the day I left

The weather it was dry

The sun so hot, I froze to death

Suzanna don’t you cry

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Totally agree.   All the models are in general agreement and yet all the models could still change again.   And probably will.  😀

Feel like models will definitely fluctuate a bit more as we wait for the arctic front to push south. After we see how aggressive the arctic air really is things will solidify more.

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

GFS now keeps precip south of Seattle... first run that has done that.   Compromise in progress.

gfs-deterministic-nw-precip_1hr_inch-1704931200-1705035600-1705186800-10.gif

If this is where it ends up or maybe a bit north I like our chances for a few inches south of Seattle to tacoma.  

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 minute ago, Winterdog said:

Nope.  A little south.

Yes... been covered.   And early guesses are usually wrong.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

If this is where it ends up or maybe a bit north I like our chances for a few inches south of Seattle to tacoma.  

I think atleast south of Seattle we’ve got some decent chances tomorrow and this weekend. We’re really close here and it wouldn’t take much for us to score. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

I think atleast south of Seattle we’ve got some decent chances tomorrow and this weekend. We’re really close here and it wouldn’t take much for us to score. 

I would not be shocked to see all the models make the same move in one direction or another from this point forward.   So its definitely not settled yet and maybe won't be until the event starts.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

So computer tech just called me, my computer is Kapoot. I am now in the market for a new computer. What specs would you all recommend considering the following factors:

Should be able to take on grad school if I go that route. 

If I go straight into a meteorology job (we'll let's hope the job market gets better), then it should take on that. 

I know Oklahoma reccomends an I7, 16 GB of RAM, and 500 GB SSD. Virginia Tech has the last 2 reccomended but just says an I or ryzen series processor. 

• Like 1

As lovely as the 00z GFS was for Portland, there is a certain uneasiness to being in the bullseye 60 hours out. Especially with how the models have been in flux.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Like 9
  • bongocat-test 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

I would not be shocked to see all the models make the same move in one direction or another from this point forward.   So it’s definitely not settled yet and maybe won't be until the event starts.

I think the swath of precipitation on the north side could potentially be underdone and less suppressed. We would be fighting some dry air…but it’s possible we could be surprised this far north. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

This has probably already been mentioned. But I and others around the PS could get an inch of snow tomorrow. Worst case .5 or less best case 2 inches.

ADDFADC0-9D48-495E-97C6-DF303D63FCBE.png

932F6642-400B-43ED-A060-303D10E3E3E1.png

Almost 3”!!!!!!!!!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

In January 2017, most of our snow fell around 28-32 degrees. I think our last snow in the teens was Feb 2014

That's right... I remember from the pics that the trees were flocked.   Definitely not a roaring cold east wind.  

• Like 1