March 2024 Weather in the PNW

3 minutes ago, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

LOL GFS really likes me tonight. 

image.thumb.png.1f8ef5149c5add2c695b3ee5f9f9a822.png

It will be your turn to shine!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

NAM too. 

image.thumb.png.b9a756528a8b4598915dfbf34fa44952.png

You are going to get pounded!! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, the_convergence_zone said:

It really sucks to see what climate change is doing to the Midwest. By the 2070s, Wisconsin's climate is expected to resemble Arkansas. 

I dont believe it, the same Kind of people 30 years ago said our mountains wouldn't be getting snow below 3k feet by 2030. Climate is adjusting But i 100% believe earth and nature will figure out what to do. 

• Like 5

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

8 minutes ago, the_convergence_zone said:

It really sucks to see what climate change is doing to the Midwest. By the 2070s, Wisconsin's climate is expected to resemble Arkansas. 

It was a mega Nino. Minnesota's climate resembled historical Minnesota as recently as last winter. And was colder than normal the winter before that.

DJF22TDeptHPRCC-MN.png

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 2
  • Troll 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Incoming for Issaquah!

Cell just blew up just north of Covington and Maple Valley and headed straight north.  

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

9 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

It was a mega Nino. Minnesota's climate resembled historical Minnesota as recently as last winter. And was colder than normal the winter before that.

DJF22TDeptHPRCC-MN.png

I knew you would reply with some post like this which has nothing to do with my comment. 

Do you disagree with the climate model projection that the climate of Wisconsin in the 2070s will resemble the climate of Arkansas in the early 21st century? 

• Thanks 1
  • scream 1

6 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Just had a huge snow shower out here. Wish it lasted longer 😆

Here it comes in Issaquah. 

Screenshot_20240304-155557_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

New 18Z ECMWF for tonight. 

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_snow_kuchera-9661600.png

Jim is in the grey!! (I think) 

15 minutes ago, the_convergence_zone said:

I knew you would reply with some post like this which has nothing to do with my comment. 

The context of your comment about "what climate change is doing to the Midwest" were the posts about Minnesota's very warm and relatively snowless winter.

It was absolutely relevant to that discussion to point out that what MN has seen this winter (mega Nino) has been a far cry from other winters recently.

• Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1

A forum for the end of the world.

29 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

DJF22TDeptHPRCC-MN.png

And those recent below normal winters were Nina's and were not all-time record cold.... Are you seriously trying to argue the climate isn't warming? From what I've seen this has been an all-time record warm winter across at least Minnesota and Wisconsin.

• Like 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

almost 2 inches here, I just dont see enough headed this way yet

Well hopefully the snow falling out on the coast bodes well for us later. It’s just been either too warm or too little precipitation to work with the past few days IMBY. Tonight seems like our last chance to string something together. 

• Like 1