April 2024 Weather in the PNW

Ended up with a 68/40 day to start April. Sunny with some high clouds at times and light winds.

Sunny again today with some high clouds at times at light winds. Low of 44 this morning. Today should get well into the 70s, then sort of a fun crash back to much cooler conditions by tomorrow with highs in the low to mid 50s.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

One more day to get through until

conditions begin to improve. 

12Z ECMWF says

conditions will 

not be "improved" again

next

week.

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-2880000.png

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t2m_f_max6-2880000.png

• Like 2
  • Sun 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z ECMWF says

conditions will 

not be "improved" again

next

week.

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-2880000.png

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t2m_f_max6-2880000.png

I won’t be here. Don’t care. 

• Excited 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Shivering 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Just now, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I won’t be here. Don’t care. 

But.. but... but... the ecosystem will be.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12Z ECMWF delays the clouds and precip a little longer in Texas... might work out.

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-toa_brightness-2599200 (2).png

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-precip_12hr_inch-2620800 (2).png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

Nice. Let’s get the ridging out of the way now so we can have a troughyish type of summer with below normal temps and some stratiform rain at times. 

Could happen.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Cottonwoods leafing out here...

20240402_103526.jpg

I'm always amazed (but probably shouldn't be) that the six month divide between leaf yellowing and drop and budding to leaf out is almost precise.

• Like 3

Getting some pre-frontal warmth out here away from the water.   A few clouds forming now as well.   Rain tonight but tomorrow should be basically dry and partly cloudy again.  

Screenshot_20240402-112214_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like spring break for the Snoqualmie Valley School District next week might be well-timed this year.   First 80 degree day possible out here if Euro suite is right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

71 yesterday at PDX to start off April. Today should be warmer with highs in the mid 70s. Gonna be another beautiful day. 🌞 😎

IMG_3181.jpeg.7bb71dd468970325acab1a3b7a2775bd.jpeg

Up to 71 in North Bend now.  Really went up fast this morning ahead of incoming front.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Idk where in Ashland TimmySupercell lives but a nasty wind core passed very close to him this morning.

IMG_1140.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Windy 1
  • scream 1

10 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Having a ridge sit over us 6-7 months a year during the warm season didn’t used to be the norm, but I guess it is now.

Troughing has been the default there for the last 6 weeks but you’re acting emo over a ridge 10 days away?

The same WPAC/dateline MJO that will force the ridge will also force the subsequent troughing/-PNA when it returns to the IO/E-Hem a few weeks later.

It can’t be troughy 24/7/365. :) 

• Like 2
  • Troll 1

10 minutes ago, SunAndSnow said:

I’ve always loved clouds. Saw these jellyfish today, I forget what they’re called. Currently 72°.

IMG_9772.jpeg

I think I see the same type of clouds on the starting image of video loop on the NB site.

Screenshot_20240402-124150_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

A derecho? 

It was an MCS. Would have to meet a lot more criteria to qualify as a derecho.

But it’s the type of pattern that often produces progressive derechos. Just a bit early in the season, harder to maximize potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Looks like spring break for the Snoqualmie Valley School District next week might be well-timed this year.   First 80 degree day possible out here if Euro suite is right.

but...dont most people go somewhere else for spring break???

• Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Went for another run in the r**n today.

Dangerous, I know. But by the skin of my teeth, I survived. 🙏 

Glad you took our advice and ran as fast as you could to get away from your smothering girlfriend! 

• Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

No wonder Timmy’s been knocked off the grid.

Also lmao :lol: 

Not the Taco Truck!! 😞

• Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

Troughing has been the default there for the last 6 weeks but you’re acting emo over a ridge 10 days away?

The same WPAC/dateline MJO that will force the ridge will also force the subsequent troughing/-PNA when it returns to the IO/E-Hem a few weeks later.

It can’t be troughy 24/7/365. :) 

The general ridging the last six weeks has been way more significant than the spells of troughing in between. And it looks to stay that way.

• Sad 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Checking out WSDOT cams around the Seattle area... starting to really notice the change in vegetation now.   

090vc01190.jpg

405vc01675.jpg

099vc02375.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Checking out WSDOT cams around the Seattle area... starting to really notice the change in vegetation now.   

090vc01190.jpg

405vc01675.jpg

099vc02375.jpg

Just drove back to Corvallis yesterday. Really looks nice in the valley right now.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Just drove back to Corvallis yesterday. Really looks nice in the valley right now.

Going to be a full on summer look by the end of next week if the next warm spell verifies.  

• Like 1