July 2017 PNW Discussion Thread

This is the opposite pattern as last July when it was cooler east of the mountains.  

Ironically... the Seattle area was just about perfect either way.  

Yea a little too warm for my liking so far this summer. Not sure if there is anywhere in the country with nicer weather on average than the lowlands west of the Cascades the last 6 weeks.

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

This is all I have been getting the last few days when I try to view the models on the actual Euro site:

attachicon.gifIMG_4830.PNG

I just checked... that site is working for me.

https://www.ecmwf.int/en/forecasts/charts/catalogue/medium-z500-t850-public?time=2017072012,0,2017072012&projection=classical_north_america

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Between now and July 31st, Seattle loses something like 22mins of daylight. Only 8.4 weeks until the autumnal equinox.

Up to 71 at SEA now... might end up with no high temperature below 70 for July.   Also a possibility that there is no high above 90.   

Every high temp this month so far at SEA has been between 70-85.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Between now and July 31st, Seattle loses something like 22mins of daylight. Only 8.4 weeks until the autumnal equinox.

This climate sucks.   I need to move to a place in the northern hemisphere that does not lose daylight during the last 10 days of July.  

Up to 71 at SEA now... might end up with no high temperature below 70 for July. Also a possibility that there is no high above 90.

Every high temp this month so far at SEA has been between 70-85.

When I arrive on Sunday, should I expect brown grass and a dry landscape? ;)

My uncle in Everett says everything is still relatively lush compared to last year and the year before, FWIW.

When I arrive on Sunday, should I expect brown grass and a dry landscape? My uncle in Everett says everything is still relatively lush.

I cannot imagine anything is lush right now... even in the frigid Everett area.   

Does he live close to the water?   Are you going explore the area outside of Everett?  

Here is a live view of I-5 in Everett.   Looks pretty brown to me...

005vc18648.jpg

Another traffic cam from Everett... if this is lush according to your uncle then he might suffer from the same hyperbole disorder as his nephew.  :)

005vc19910.jpg

I cannot imagine anything is lush right now... even in the frigid Everett area.

Does he live close to the water? Are you going explore the area outside of Everett?

Here is a live view of I-5 in Everett. Looks pretty brown to me...

005vc18648.jpg

That looks like my lawn, lol.

He does live in a wooded area with large Douglas firs. I guess I'll find out for myself shortly.

That looks like my lawn, lol.

He does live in a wooded area with large Douglas firs. I guess I'll find out for myself shortly.

Well... an area in deep shade is probably still lush and is always lush regardless of the weather.   But that is a poor description of current conditions overall.   Most lawns will be very brown.

Another traffic cam from Everett... if this is lush according to your uncle then he might suffer from the same hyperbole disorder as his nephew. :)

Hyperbole disorder, lol.

I think you might have it, too. ;)

Well... an area in deep shade is probably still lush and is always lush regardless of the weather. But that is a poor description of current conditions overall. Most lawns will be very brown.

To answer your other question, we might be visiting other extended family in the vicinity of your area on Monday before we we depart for Vancouver, BC on Tuesday. We return July 31st and will be hanging around through August 1st thereafter.

We depart for Sarasota, FL late in the evening on August 1st.