December 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Feeling more optimistic given precip intensity might be in our favor.

Definitely a nice last minute trend that way.

Canadian looks similar.

gem_apcpn_nwus_4.png

Frustrating to have the WRF stop working at a time like this.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Definitely a nice last minute trend that way.

Canadian looks similar.

attachicon.gifgem_apcpn_nwus_4.png

Frustrating to have the WRF stop working at a time like this.

It will come out later... been doing this for a few days now.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

35 DP 31 here, with a light easterly drift.

Radar shows light precip over us but nothing appears to be falling for now.

The current numbers, along with the fact that models seem to have pushed up the timing of the precip (early morning hours) and are advertising more solid precip intensity has me feeling cautiously optimistic about tomorrow.

Sometimes I wish we didn't have as much access to models that we do now, I miss legit radar tracking or satellite pics or way back in the day looking at newspapers to see what weather might be headed our way.

The models have taken the suspense away more often than not that I loved as a young weather enthusiast.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wish we didn't have as much access to models that we do now, I miss legit radar tracking or satellite pics or way back in the day looking at newspapers to see what weather might be headed our way.

The models have taken the suspense away more often than not that I loved as a young weather enthusiast.

yep I remember waiting up for the late weather on the news. Also used to fall asleep to the weather radio.
  • Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

yep I remember waiting up for the late weather on the news. Also used to fall asleep to the weather radio.

Yes! I would eagerly wait for 5:20pm when the weather segment would be on the news, and then it would be hours of listening to the weather radio and listen to the hourly observations. Also looking out the window with my flashlight to see if any flakes were in the air. Channel 11 would have news at 10pm and would always watch that as well. The other thing I would do is look at the paper and see what the temps were in Alaska, it they got fridgid I knew there would be a possibility of that cold air moving our way.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I use to fall asleep to Barney.

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Gotta love the power of dry air.

791mb temp above freezing and still talking about snow. The -44 dewpoint at 830mb is especially impressive.

940989_10154434183487785_5691330432474549138_n.jpg

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"