GHD III Winter Storm Possibility, Feb. 1st-3rd

Geos

Another huge uptick around these parts on the GEFS...pretty remarkable to see these type of shifts. If this holds on, the EPS saw the SE trend 24 hours ago.

Definite southeast trend on the ensembles but we have seen shifts larger than this inside of 60 hours.

Definite southeast trend on the ensembles but we have seen shifts larger than this inside of 60 hours.

Indeed, but this time it's the friendly EPO and blocking HP to the north that is shifting as we get closer.  I had a feeling it would.  HP's in SE Canada during a neutral/negative EPO are very rare.  So to see the models shifting the HP north of the Dakota's and not zipping it east towards Toronto is the correction I was expecting.  I'm still not 100% sold on these trends, give it another 24 hours and if they continue or hold then I'd be getting more optimistic.

Indeed, but this time it's the friendly EPO and blocking HP to the north that is shifting as we get closer. I had a feeling it would. HP's in SE Canada during a neutral/negative EPO are very rare. So to see the models shifting the HP north of the Dakota's and not zipping it east towards Toronto is the correction I was expecting. I'm still not 100% sold on these trends, give it another 24 hours and if they continue or hold then I'd be getting more optimistic.

No doubt

. ABC7 calling it!!!!! "Snow lovers, it looks like we will miss the next big storm. Still looks like heaviest snow next Tuesday will stay to our north & west. Mild this weekend with highs in the 40s." I think they are speaking too soon what do you guys think?

12654666_1016262005101776_25354909589830

. ABC7 calling it!!!!! "Snow lovers, it looks like we will miss the next big storm. Still looks like heaviest snow next Tuesday will stay to our north & west. Mild this weekend with highs in the 40s." I think they are speaking too soon what do you guys think?

12654666_1016262005101776_25354909589830

I watched their broadcast at 4pm and Caplan showed a mix for Chicago and points south. I don't think he would have seen the 18z GFS. I think tonight their maps will reflect those changes.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

When the Chicago members rob a storm from us Nebraskan's every year:

giphy.gif

Haha. Well there is some good ensemble runs for both locations. The snow band just needs to stay more W to E and not turn NE so soon.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

The 18z GFS is probably the best run for the most people yet.

I don't think MSN will be left out at all.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

Here I sit, broken hearted,

The models looked good, til the SE trend started,

I watched closely, every day,

As Tom and Geos, stole the storm away,

As they all enjoy a blizzard, we'll cry bust,

And have an advisory, of blowing dust.

Never doubt the geos magnet

• Like 1

ROTFL...gotta say, that was a well-written poem there buddy. Def got a kick out of it.

Hang in there. No shift is yet in stone.

What does this 18z look like? Nebraska throwing in the towel?

I don't know what model they are looking at,but the 18z GFS I see is showing a foot or more from south central Nebraska into Lincoln and Omaha. Also a foot or more throughout central Iowa and much of Wisconsin. Not sure what they are looking at

Us northerners must stay strong. Believe in the shift back NW!

Yea, that is a very well written poem. Also laughed.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

I don't know what model they are looking at,but the 18z GFS I see is showing a foot or more from south central Nebraska into Lincoln and Omaha. Also a foot or more throughout central Iowa and much of Wisconsin. Not sure what they are looking at

Also the 12Z Euro which shifted north, the Euro parallel, 65% of the GFS ensembles and the Canadian all nail Nebraska. Must be looking at the DGEX?

ROTFL...gotta say, that was a well-written poem there buddy. Def got a kick out of it.

Hang in there. No shift is yet in stone.

Lol I do what i can. In all seriousness though, not a huge deal even if we do get shafted, it's just weather. Plus it's too early to even write this off, especially given that most models are in our favor. I was just speaking hypothetically as we all know what has happened around here in the past few winters. Really interested to see what the GFS does here soon!

• Like 1

Also the 12Z Euro which shifted north, the Euro parallel, 65% of the GFS ensembles and the Canadian all nail Nebraska. Must be looking at the DGEX?

Every single model could trend southeast for the next couple runs and the towel still shouldnt be thrown.

• Like 1

Every single model could trend southeast for the next couple runs and the towel still shouldnt be thrown.

Yup, the SE trend can continue for the next 2 days and once the energy is sampled you have a stronger storm and boom...the NW shift begins.  Can't rule anything out that's for sure.

lol Tom is 0.1 inch short. if that verifies, that'd be crazy.

Naw, making an asinine statement like the one below with such conviction 5+ days out would be crazy

yeah except the SE shift won't happen, or at least there won't be a significant shift SE that would give Chicago a snowstorm.