May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Lol... that doesn't smell bad.

Smells can be subjective...  I can't stand the smell of that stuff, plus I'm allergic to it, so...  It was so bad I had to leave the campsite, came back some time later and they were still at it that's when their dogs charged me...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Smells can be subjective...  I can't stand the smell of that stuff, plus I'm allergic to it, so...  It was so bad I had to leave the campsite, came back some time later and they were still at it that's when their dogs charged me...

You definelty should have reported them then, that's quite ridiculous.

• Like 1

I probably would've if there had been a forest ranger.  Budget cuts...

Yea that's when it gets tough cause you have to decide whether or not to take matters into your own hands at that point. Really sucks that people get away with disrespectful crap like that nowadays, I think it's because there's no authoritative presence anymore.

Who ended up with more snow this winter, SEA or PDX?

Yeah how much did SEA end up with? I ended up with 22”.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

00Z GFS on board with a nice holiday weekend... particularly Sunday and Monday.    And with troughing by the middle of next week.

The 00Z GEM agrees with the GFS about the weekend but not about the troughing next week. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Cancel NOW.

Thanks for the reminder.   One day left to make the call.   Leaning heavily towards cancelling.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

This is so sad, book reservations just in case, then battle between keeping em or cancelling em, what is the f***** point?

Not sad at all... sort of fun actually.      

The only fitting way to remember our fallen soldiers is with sunshine.

00Z ECMWF definitely has me waiting until the runs tomorrow.  

Marine layer days on Saturday and Monday on that run.   While its in the upper 80s on Sunday and Monday on the other side of the mountains.   Tempting!  

00Z EPS was more robust with the trough than the 12Z run in the 8-10 day period.

It was still warm again in the 10-15 day period.

Sharing is NOT caring up here.

Sidebar... I thought I'd share with you I got my FAA part 107a drone certification a couple weeks back. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my new knowledge of sectional charts and calculating stall speeds but it's up there!

Nice! Are you just using it as a hobbyist or are you planning on doing some other work with it? Kind of a silly certification but the FAA had to do something and that was the best they could come up with. The main takeaway should be just some general knowledge of airspace and traffic patterns to avoid air traffic.

Most importantly, keep it below 400' as helis commonly fly at 500' AGL (including yours truly!)

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Who ended up with more snow this winter, SEA or PDX?

I can tell you which part of the PNW had the least...

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

There has not been a single below normal day yet this month at SEA, WFO SEA, BLI, or OLM

SEA and OLM both have a chance to tie their driest May on record, if no more falls this month. .12" and .15" respectively. OLM's record came just two years ago in 2016.

A forum for the end of the world.

00Z EPS was more robust with the trough than the 12Z run in the 8-10 day period.

It was still warm again in the 10-15 day period.

It’s moving towards a cooler solution, though. Lots of members with troughing well-established by D15.

Today’s D15 00z (top) vs yesterday’s D15 12z (bottom).

Hayl7SN.png

v7k44v2.png

• Like 1

The hi-res models are the way to go in these capped/no-forcing type convection setups we've been having this spring. They all show nothing west of the mountains today.

FWIW...

1ref_t1sfc_f09.png

The hi-res models are the way to go in these capped/no-forcing type convection setups we've been having this spring. They all show nothing west of the mountains today.

Should probably look at the high res stuff more. I rarely do.