May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

What's really stupid is they shot and killed the mountain lion. We moved into his habitat. He had every right to attack suburban sprawl.

Any wild animal who attacks people is immediately marked for extermination.  Once they get the idea that they can attack people and win, then you've got big trouble...

• Like 2

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Any wild animal who attacks people is immediately marked for extermination.  Once they get the idea that they can attack people and win, then you've got big trouble...

Exactly. If that cat attacked anyone else (and it's much more likely to than one that hasn't), the state would have blood on their hands for not doing anything about it. 

Even if they relocated it somewhere else, it could still end up attacking someone and you're looking at lawsuits.

A forum for the end of the world.

Can someone tell me a good model for judging marine layer depth and duration?  I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm going to do a multi day hike on the southwest side of the Olympics.  I'll be around 2,000 feet in elevation in the south-central area of the Olympics and I don't really want to go if it's going to be socked in with a marine layer the entire time- because of the scenic nature of the area, it wouldn't be worth it.  This will be Thursday-Sunday I'm thinking....

Can someone tell me a good model for judging marine layer depth and duration?  I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm going to do a multi day hike on the southwest side of the Olympics.  I'll be around 2,000 feet in elevation in the south-central area of the Olympics and I don't really want to go if it's going to be socked in with a marine layer the entire time- because of the scenic nature of the area, it wouldn't be worth it.  This will be Thursday-Sunday I'm thinking....

Not going to be real good there.

The best model by far is the ECMWF low cloud map on WB.

Saturday and Sunday looked socked in there.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Not going to be real good there.

The best model by far is the ECMWF low cloud map on WB.

Saturday and Sunday looked socked in there.

I don't have WB, but would the GFS 6-hour average low cloud fraction be similar?  Probably not as good as the Euro I'd imagine...

Well... the day is almost over and the status hung tough in central King County once again.  

A week straight of clouds and lots of drizzle now.    

Its been much sunnier in Seattle near the Sound and over the eastern part of the county up to Snoqualmie Pass.

But for central King County this past week has been the worst case scenario for low clouds.  

sat_5_21.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Well... the day is almost over and the status hung tough in central King County once again.  

A week straight of clouds and lots of drizzle now.    

Its been much sunnier in Seattle near the Sound and over the eastern part of the county up to Snoqualmie Pass.

But for central King County this past week has been the worst case scenario for low clouds.  

sat_5_21.png

yeah

What's really stupid is they shot and killed the mountain lion. We moved into his habitat. He had every right to attack suburban sprawl.

The animal was not right, reports say it was nearly 100lbs underweight so something was up with it.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

18z gives the ULL a little more in the way of watery teeth. Good ensemble support too. Hopefully the start of a trend...

Hard to imagine a ULL absorbing into the jet like that with basically zero precip in the lowlands, which is what some runs have been showing.

• Like 1

The animal was not right, reports say it was nearly 100lbs underweight so something was up with it.

I think they said it weighed 100lbs... and normal is around 140lbs.

18z gives the ULL a little more in the way of watery teeth. Good ensemble support too. Hopefully the start of a trend...

Hard to imagine a ULL absorbing into the jet like that with basically zero precip in the lowlands, which is what some runs have been showing.

Wonderful... :mellow:

Guest happ

You wouldn't feel that way if it was one of your relatives' flesh found in the stomach of a mountain lion. 

Those NATL SSTAs are still plunging.

Some -5C anomalies showing up in the subpolar domain, and -4C off the coast of Africa. And +5C in the middle latitude area sandwiches in between. Wow.

Climo period is 1981-2010. Real anomalies (not relative to the global anomaly).

cdas-sflux_ssta_global_1.png

• Like 2

Was hoping that today would continue what would have been a fun stretch of storm days, but the universe does what it does best... 

I guess May 2013 truly was an unusual case.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Perfect evening for a run. Just the right temp where it wasn't too hot but I still sweat and got the toxins out.

Today was definitely not the right day for me to be injecting toxins into my system (drinking).

Maybe after my hair of the dog in the morning tomorrow I'll get some well deserved convection??  :lol:

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Those NATL SSTAs are still plunging.

Some -5C anomalies showing up in the subpolar domain, and -4C off the coast of Africa. And +5C in the middle latitude area sandwiches in between. Wow.

Climo period is 1981-2010. Real anomalies (not relative to the global anomaly).

cdas-sflux_ssta_global_1.png

And this pattern keeps reinforcing those SSTAs.

VNDxdFo.png

Today was definitely not the right day for me to be injecting toxins into my system (drinking).

Maybe after my hair of the dog in the morning tomorrow I'll get some well deserved convection??  :lol:

Unfortunately that violent release of toxins will be the closest you get to convection for awhile.
  • Like 1

Maybe after my hair of the dog in the morning tomorrow I'll get some well deserved convection?? :lol:

Lol, you’re plastered.

This actually gives Tim’s martini raincloud post a run for its money.

• Like 2