June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Same here..August is our nastiest month. The reason congress takes recess in August is because the heat was so unbearable back when there was no AC or electricity that they all just packed up and left town.

Over the years it became a tradition of sorts. This place almost feels like a ghost town between July 25th and August 25th. The air is dead calm. It’s hazy. There are cicadas screaming day and night. Almost everyone leaves, us included. It’s such a heavy feeling..you just have to get away from it.

And since Mitch McConnell cancelled the recess this year, my guess is it will be as swampy as ever with all that hot air being pumped out of the White House.

I didn't know why the reason they took recess was because of that, good to know.

Where does everybody go during that time, to the coast and beaches to swim and get into the water? The one advantage you have over us here is that our ocean is too cold to swim in almost all the time even during most summers. Though most people just go to the coast here for the cooler marine layer weather.

• Like 1

Yeah, the 12z EPS made a legit move towards more troughing during week 2. Follows the operational in many respects.

• Like 1

12z EURO still has a heat wave for PDX this Monday to Wednesday with 3 straight days of highs in the 90s. For this time of year that's really the most our climate will give us. Also looks like 90 degree weather returns toward the tail end of the run. I was never expecting a heat wave in June.

This is some sick rationalizing, bruh.

I didn't know why the reason they took recess was because of that, good to know.

Where does everybody go during that time, to the coast and beaches to swim and get into the water? The one advantage you have over us here is that our ocean is too cold to swim in almost all the time even during most summers. Though most people just go to the coast here for the cooler marine layer weather.

I don’t really know. Most of my neighbors head to the New England beaches or to the Appalachians during their vacation time. And those who stay during the week often head to the local waters or the hills during the weekend.

Generally speaking, you don’t stay here in August unless you have to.

• Like 1

Let’s get really warm, then cool and wet before the 4th, then a 80 degree stretch the week of the 4th!

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Might need to high five someone in the face with a chair.

LoL, that's not even something I said, that was a meme I was reporting that people were sharing...   lol...  This is like the second time you've referenced it now, it must of struck a chord with you?  Latent desires?   :lol:

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Looks like some echoes showing on the radar to the north and east.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

LoL, that's not even something I said, that was a meme I was reporting that people were sharing... lol... This is like the second time you've referenced it now, it must of struck a chord with you? Latent desires? :lol:

It’s been way more than two times. ;)

It definitely stuck out to me. Not a lot of time the suggestion of violence enters the preference wars.

Nice to see wetter than average conditions develop over the southwest. Will help keep the 4-corners ridge in check and, in general, reflects a break in the pattern that’s dominated the last few decades.

72YATBm.jpg

• Like 1

It’s been way more than two times. ;)

It definitely stuck out to me. Not a lot of time the suggestion of violence enters the preference wars.

lol, the suggestion of violence,  that's a bit of a stretch.  It was an internet joke....  Blow things out of proportion much?

Operational ECMWF is just as impressive, with snow down to Newfoundland. ☃️

Perfect vacation weather for "sun-birds"... :)

Edit:  Sunbirds:  Those wishing to escape summer's persistant and annoying warm, sunny, pleasant weather....   :lol:

Nice to see wetter than average conditions develop over the southwest. Will help keep the 4-corners ridge in check and, in general, reflects a break in the pattern that’s dominated the last few decades.72YATBm.jpg

Yeah, I see this as a decent sign that this summer could be at least a little different than the last five.

True. Making additional jokes about it was taking it too seriously.

Farmboy, who seems to be good natured enough despite having terrible weather preferences, did not get the impression you were joking by calling it a "suggestion of violence".

Emojis only communicate so much...we really miss miss things like tone and facial expression online.

A forum for the end of the world.

Farmboy, who seems to be good natured enough despite having terrible weather preferences, did not get the impression you were joking by calling it a "suggestion of violence".

Emojis only communicate so much...we really miss miss things like tone and facial expression online.

I think you are taking the whole thing too serious.

Even with the regional soaking the night before last?

We got absolutely doused in northern and central King County.   Still have big puddles in places along the roads.    Jealous?    ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**