12/01 - 12/02 Winter Rain / Snow Storm

East Dubzz

It's looking like heaviest totals tonight may be to our North AND South by looking at radar now, with us being stuck in between the two heavier bands. If that happens I will throw a temper tantrum. 33.6*F and snowing.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Meanwhile there is a wedge tornado in Illinois!

Tornado Warning

ILC135-012300-

/O.NEW.KLSX.TO.W.0020.181201T2232Z-181201T2300Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

Tornado Warning

National Weather Service St Louis MO

432 PM CST SAT DEC 1 2018

The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...

Central Montgomery County in south central Illinois...

* Until 500 PM CST.

* At 432 PM CST, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado

was located near Raymond, moving northeast at 35 mph.

This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

The moisture is being zapped out. Nothing like we had this morning moisture-wise. It'd better reload overnight or it'll be a short, boring night. 33.6°F.

One met here (I have personal beef with him) has us getting 1-2". At this rate that looks fairly D**n likely.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Holy cow!! It’s December 1st.

Tornado Warning

ILC021-012345-

/O.NEW.KILX.TO.W.0028.181201T2315Z-181201T2345Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

Tornado Warning

National Weather Service Lincoln IL

515 PM CST SAT DEC 1 2018

...TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR TAYLORVILLE...

The National Weather Service in Lincoln has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...

Central Christian County in central Illinois...

* Until 545 PM CST.

* At 514 PM CST, a confirmed large and destructive tornado was

observed near Taylorville, moving northeast at 30 mph.

TORNADO EMERGENCY for Taylorville. This is a PARTICULARLY

DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

• Like 2

Not a lot of rain fell today, in fact, very spotty showers from time to time. Temps remained in the mid 30s all day. There goes a bust for my area. I was projected to get an inch or more of rainfall.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

I’m up to probably 4” of snow and it’s just ripping! Here is a pic of that tornado, crazy storm and one that will be great in this years LRC!

This storm is so impressive.  3 inches of rain last night and now a massive Tornado?  Just crazy.  That rip city band is moving Southeast and  will be coming through my area in the next hour. Looks like a great band

• Like 1

This storm is so impressive.  3 inches of rain last night and now a massive Tornado?  Just crazy.  That rip city band is moving Southeast and  will be coming through my area in the next hour. Looks like a great band

It was crazy Clint; I would say easily an 1"/hr snow rate. The 1" of snow I got this morning pretty much melted and could see grass. After that band moved through I picked up easily 3" of snow. You could see the ground before these pics and the roads/driveway was just wet. 

12:1:18.3.JPG

12-1-18.2.jpg

12:1:18-1.jpg

• Like 8

It was crazy Clint; I would say easily an 1"/hr snow rate. The 1" of snow I got this morning pretty much melted and could see grass. After that band moved through I picked up easily 3" of snow. You could see the ground before these pics and the roads/driveway was just wet. 

That looks very impressive.  That thing is just getting ready to pivot through my county. Should have a solid hour of moderate to heavy snow.  Gunna take a walk in it

• Like 2

NWS Hastings is cancelling the Winter Storm Warnings and replacing them with winter weather advisories. Pretty disappointing storm for many. I am thankful for what I got but many of those massive predicted amounts just didn’t materialize, marginal temps, mid level dry air. It makes you understand how many things must go right for a big storm to occur and why they don’t happen very frequently.

• Like 1

Nice!

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

I was watching TWC. Very impressive storm. Its affecting literally 2/3 of the country. There were 12 tornadoes in Illinois.

At least. Multiple cyclic supercells. I expect the count to be 20-30.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Sleet/snow mixture, mostly snow. It's going to have to cool down and pick up in intensity before it even thinks about accumulating.

Idk, it's falling relatively fast. 32.7*F at my place now, compared to 33.6 just under an hour ago. But yeah, the rate needs to pick up. The pixie dust I'm getting now ain't gonna cut it.

Rain has been occurring off and on today. About 0.7" here so far today. HRRR suggests that snow on backside of storm will struggle to make it to Eastern Iowa tomorrow morning. If this storm wasn't weakening as it moves northeast, we may have been able to get a couple inches of snow out of this. Seems like the we won't be able to get more than half an inch of snow, if that. 

• Like 1

There's okay-ish reflectivities headed towards here, but it seems like this will be our one and only shot at heavy snowfall. Other than that it is likely we will be dealing with light snow, so we need to rely on this here to at least lay the foundation for accumulating snowfall. 32.2*F.