2/14-2/17 Possible Winter Storm Train

Minny_Weather

OAX Grids have "heavy snow" wording in the forecast tomorrow for Lincoln. With high ratios and low winds, this may be KLNK's best shot at a 6"+ event all winter. Funny since it's barely a storm and more like a moderate clipper passing through quickly. 

Sorry I shoulda multiquoted. Duuuuuude we could see some epic rates tomorrow if the higher-rez models are to be believed. Around 6" in just 3 hours on the NAMily.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Your football team blows. (For now)

Have you heard about us in the news the past couple days? Yikes. I think Frost is clean but most people outside our fanbase think he isn't. Either way this is a step in the wrong direction for the progress of our program.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Have you heard about us in the news the past couple days? Yikes. I think Frost is clean but most people outside our fanbase think he isn't. Either way this is a step in the wrong direction for the progress of our program.

No I haven't, what happened?

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

00z NAM is stronger with the second wave's upper energy, has a nice area of 0.30-0.40+" across central and eastern Iowa.  Meanwhile, the euro has been moving it to nw Iowa.

namconus_apcpn_ncus_26.png

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Could see some flurries here IMBY, otherwise mostly cloudy skies will prevail w temps holding in the 20s. Most of the action will be way south from my area.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

00z Canadian has brought the second wave back... looks similar to the NAM.

It appears all the models are drifting south with wave 1.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

i don't even bother with the CMC or ICON, FV3 anymore- they are a stretch to even call them guidance when compared with the big boys.

No doubt. I sometimes look at the CMC with clippers, but not usually for QPF totals. That models is ALWAYS too juiced up. Seems to be the same way for the FV3 now, too. But at least that has the excuse of being a “work in progress.”

Yikes, not like the last minute SW trend for tomorrow. It's getting pretty late in the game now though so I guess just pray.

Radar has proven models wrong before. But for anything good to happen, I need to go full blown snowlover76 in threads. For the next 24 hours in this thread, I'm just gonna be like him.

• Like 2