March 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

BLI snowman

In Arizona for the next few days to see Mariners spring training and the weather here is almost the exact same as at home. 50 with rain when I left SeaTac and when I arrived at Tucson it was 53 with rain. Unlucky!!

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

Woke up and just looked out the window.. Probably a few inches now and snowing heavily.

You WIN MAN! YOU WIN! Incredible 

Anyone else usually use the underground radar? It's been down for maintenance for over a week now. What's the deal with that?

• Like 1

Definitely the wettest snow of the season, my carport was not happy but did get cleaned before any damage happened. Probably 3ish inches and snowing moderately. Don’t know temp as my weather station is not communicating with the sensor. Just like how my satellite internet and satellite tv are also not working.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Definitely the wettest snow of the season, my carport was not happy but did get cleaned before any damage happened. Probably 3ish inches and snowing moderately. Don’t know temp as my weather station is not communicating with the sensor. Just like how my satellite internet and satellite tv are also not working.

Once again you end up with more snow than me!    Amazing how often that happens.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like sticking snow at about 750 feet in central King County but lower to then north.  

Tiger Mountain on Hwy 18... Snoqualmie Ridge... and the Issaquah Highlands all have snow.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Cool too see some more lowland snow, far too warm for anything interesting at my house it’s 39. Not too disappointed about missing out kind of hard to be disappointed by this winter

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Ended up being 2” of heavy wet snow. Needed to take a family member to an appointment in Everett...no snow in north Everett.

0C06DFCE-D223-4383-91F0-6647E9B74799.jpeg

58038E17-AEF0-4ADB-8524-5B08B5AE734F.jpeg

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Vancouver Island CZ headed your way too. Won't be seeing grass anytime soon Tim!

That is not really heading this way yet... and it won't be accumulating snow during the day anyways.   Its already warming up and the snow is falling off the trees and there is lots of dripping now.    The only reason it snowed was perfect timing with the departing front in the early morning hours.  

That is not really heading this way yet... and it won't be accumulating snow during the day anyways.   Its already warming up and the snow is falling off the trees and there is lots of dripping now.   

Not sure where you live relative to NB, but the main axis of the zone would be extended right into NB, eastern part of it is just sliding south a bit but it I think it will correct in an hour or two. I agree you will probably get a little melting, but the zone looks very strong and angry, so it should drive down the snow levels below 500' wherever it parks this afternoon.

Not sure where you live relative to NB, but the main axis of the zone would be extended right into NB, eastern part of it is just sliding south a bit but it I think it will correct in an hour or two. I agree you will probably get a little melting, but the zone looks very strong and angry, so it should drive down the snow levels below 500' wherever it parks this afternoon.

Its focused more towards the Sound. Pretty anemic looking out here. Either way... the accumulating snow is likely done here.

Just got home and shoveled the concrete pad and deck for possibly the last time...though it’s snowing again and temp is only at 33.0

34 with very light rain or drizzle here.   Its really sloppy out there.... not going to touch the driveway because it will take care of itself.  :)

My curiosity has been fulfilled. The 12Z GFS actually shows a ridge coming back in after the trough passes. In addition, the trough is weaker now.

But then again, it is 384 hours out.

I don’t think there’ll be much more rain today if any. High expected to reach 50. Wind angle is interesting though, it’s a NW wind which I don’t typically see here, probably because the storm came from the NW. 0.20” fell before midnight yesterday.

Estimated 36” since February 3rd. Live view (as of 5min ago)

Now at work and there is hardly any snow and it’s 80% rain. All about the elevation today!

87052FA6-283D-4914-842A-35095E01DFD3.jpeg

B9996B0E-2E5F-42CE-98B2-4DC1BB27D37B.jpeg

• Like 1

My curiosity has been fulfilled. The 12Z GFS actually shows a ridge coming back in after the trough passes. In addition, the trough is weaker now.

But then again, it is 384 hours out.

I don’t think there’ll be much more rain today if any. High expected to reach 50. Wind angle is interesting though, it’s a NW wind which I don’t typically see here, probably because the storm came from the NW. 0.20” fell before midnight yesterday.

We see NW winds pretty commonly in the spring.

We see NW winds pretty commonly in the spring.

Summer too... particularly in the evening.   I was surprised at how strong the NW wind was in the evenings when we were down there in July a couple years ago.   We don't have that phenomenon up here.