July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

I’m hoping for some nice weather in the mt.hood area the weekend after next. I’ll be camping in the clear lake area from 7/18-7/21. We should start getting a better picture of the forecast here in a few days hopefully.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Wow..the 12z GFS looks like 2011. Nonstop western troughing for at least the next 16 days.

It did not rain here in July 2011 until the 12th day of the month and then only rained on 5 days in July and only 1 day in August.

2011 would be a big improvement.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Wow..the 12z GFS looks like 2011. Nonstop western troughing for at least the next 16 days.

It’s definitely been a bit different this year than the last 5. July 2016 was somewhat like this however.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

So umm... where’s the summer?

It’s July 6th and yet it feels more like spring than summer.

You already had a warmer than average June.

This is an average summer for you.

Truly unprecedented.

Nope.

2011 had a cold spring... and it got much better in July and August.   

This year appears to be the opposite in terms of timing.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Low 70s and cloudy is maybe “average” in Bellingham or London, but not here.

Low 70s is average for Seattle right now. Averages reach the mid-70s by mid-month.

Portland isn’t Seattle...

Then mid/upper 70s is your average right now.

The last several years were unprecedented in terms of their warmth and the overall persistence of ridging. This might be a natural course correction.

This weather is perfect.

Y’all have the nicest weather in the country right now.

The fact people are freaking out over room temperature highs and intermittent rainfall, after a warm/dry June and a warm/dry spring, is hilarious. Oh, the horror!

• Like 1

The fact people are freaking out over room temperature highs and intermittent rainfall, after a warm/dry June and a warm/dry spring, is hilarious. Oh, the horror!

It’s supposed to be summer. And summer is supposed to be warm. NOT room temperature.

Hilarious that people are freaking out over *room temperature* highs and intermittent rainfall, after a warm/dry June and a warm/dry spring. Oh, the horror!

You even said all day clouds would be "depressing".

We have had that here now in my area on 14 out of the last 19 days.    That is pretty bad even for my area.    Even 2010 was better and that was the cloudiest summer in Seattle history.

If I lived near the water or from Portland southward then I would be very happy as well.   

We are talking about different weather experiences across the PNW.    As usual.   Room temperature and some sun every day sounds delightful right now.   Normal high in the Snoqualmie Valley is 75 or 76 right now.    

It’s supposed to be summer. And summer is supposed to be warm. NOT room temperature.

Room temperature is so much better than warmth. It’s not even a comparison.

Trust me, I would know the answer to this. It’s 90/77 here currently and it’s absolutely miserable...the windows are all fogged up and mosquitos are swarming. You can’t step outside without being soaked in your own juices.

Enjoy your room temperature highs. I’m literally seething with jealousy.

Room temperature is much better than warmth.

Trust me, I would know. It’s 90/77 here currently and it’s absolutely miserable...the windows are all fogged up and mosquitos are swarming. You can’t step outside without being soaked in your own juices.

Enjoy your room temperature highs. I’m jealous af, dude.

We don’t have humidity on the west coast.

You’re pretending like summer is either Phoenix or the Oregon Coast with no middle ground. High 70s to mid 80s with sun is our average summer weather, is there anything wrong with wanting that instead of low 70s overcast “summer” weather?

It just irritates me when people complain about perfect weather while I’m stuck in a soup of misery. I take it personally.

Ask Dolt (the guy who just visited GA) which weather he’d prefer. I guarantee he’d say the PNW is better.

We don’t have humidity on the west coast.

You’re pretending like summer is either Phoenix or the Oregon Coast with no middle ground. High 70s to mid 80s with sun is our average summer weather, is there anything wrong with wanting that instead of low 70s overcast “summer” weather?

Omg..mid-80s would be 10*F above average at PDX.

By comparison..10*F below average would be mid-60s.

You even said all day clouds would be "depressing".

We have had that here now in my area on 14 out of the last 19 days. That is pretty bad even for my area. Even 2010 was better and that was the cloudiest summer in Seattle history.

If I lived near the water or from Portland southward then I would be very happy as well.

We are talking about different weather experiences across the PNW. As usual. Room temperature and some sun every day sounds delightful right now. Normal high in the Snoqualmie Valley is 75 or 76 right now.

Okay, I can respect this. At least more than Omegaraptor demanding 85*F every day.

• Like 2

It irritates me when people complain about perfect weather while I’m stuck in a soup of misery.

Ask Dolt (the guy who just visited GA) which weather he’d prefer. I guarantee he’d say the PNW is better.

People in the areas that have been sunny are not complaining.

Stop lumping us all together. Our weather varies greatly over small areas.

I would be in agreement with Jesse if I lived in Portland. Think about that!

Okay, I can respect this. At least more than Omegaraptor demanding 85*F every day.

Dude... I said “high 70s to mid 80s”. Not “mid 80s”.

Sounds like you’re misreading my posts to make me look like a heat miser for wanting average summer weather. If I wanted cool and cloudy I could just go to the Oregon Coast.

Clouds are breaking up here at the coast, Tim! Haha!

Clouds breaking up a little here too! But we are heading east in about 15 minutes.

It just irritates me when people complain about perfect weather while I’m stuck in a soup of misery. I take it personally.

If you keep it up for a few more years you might actually convince someone to prefer the “correct” type of summer weather.
  • Like 1

If you keep it up for a few more years you might actually convince someone to prefer the “correct” type of summer weather.

I do not like summer troughing and cool “summer” weather. Sorry, those are my preferences and you’re not changing them. Don’t like it? Tough. Troll me all you want, it won’t change anything.

I do not like summer troughing and cool “summer” weather. Sorry, those are my preferences and you’re not changing them. Don’t like it? Tough. Troll me all you want, it won’t change anything.

It’s been pretty average so far maybe even a degree or two warmer than average. Not every summer is going to be like the last few. In my opinion, it’s been really nice having a more average summer, although a bit more sunshine would be nice. It’s still pretty early, remember that. there will be some heat and real summer weather sometime over the next 2 months.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Up to 64 degrees and mostly sunny as of noon. Looks like it’ll hit about 70 degrees or so this afternoon. It’s Not everyone’s preference for perfect summer weather definitely but I am enjoying it.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Up to 64 degrees and mostly sunny as of noon. Looks like it’ll hit about 70 degrees or so this afternoon. It’s Not everyone’s preference for perfect summer weather definitely but I am enjoying it.

Currently at 67F here, good chance we hit 70F. Not sure what the big deal is, feels like pretty typical PNW summer weather to me. The past few years were abnormal.

• Like 2