August 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Omegaraptor

Euro shows five consecutive days in the 90s down here from Tuesday until the end of the month. Another top five warm August here we come.

Every August since 2014 has been in the top 5 warmest on record down here, for those following along at home.

Actually hits tripps on the 28th. 

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Now Phil’s chiming in with his completely unrelated humidity crap, so there goes any sort of rational discussion.

I like summer, for the record.

I think Tim enjoys insane heat, whether or not he acknowledges it. Same with ShawniganLake.

I’ve never once seen either of them complain about heat. Ever.

I think Tim enjoys insane heat, whether or not he acknowledges it. Same with ShawniganLake.

Don't take your anger at nature out on me... I have nothing to do with your crappy weather. ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Some pretty heavy rain pushing inland just north of Roseburg. Heading to Sunriver right now!

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I like the novelty of it. We don’t get long stretches of 90s IMBY. Probably average 1 or 2 a year.

I was driving in the interior a few years back and the temp was 109. We stopped for lunch at a park by the river. I didn’t think it was that bad. My wife wasn’t a fan.

• Like 1

I like the novelty of it. We don’t get long stretches of 90s IMBY. Probably average 1 or 2 a year.

I was driving in the interior a few years back and the temp was 109. We stopped for lunch at a park by the river. I didn’t think it was that bad. My wife wasn’t a fan.

I guess that’s part of why I’m generally not a fan of above average temperatures. They lost their novelty status a long time ago.

• Like 1

Pretty nice model whiff on this splitting front today. No measurable rain anywhere between Kelso and Salem so far. Looks like a few widely scattered showers for this afternoon.

This radar link is working still:

https://atmos.uw.edu/current-weather/northwest-radar/

It’s been raining lightly here for a bit. But looks like the bulk of moisture is now east of Portland. It just skimmed the metro area since it was coming in from the SSW.

Impressive moisture down in southern Oregon today.

Pouring here near Sunriver. Some super heavy and sustained rain.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

It is crazy how wrong the models can get it in the short range sometimes, despite how far we’ve come along with forecasting. Mother Nature still rules.

Ironically... the 12km NAM had the right idea yesterday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

It did actually used to happen on occasion. Pretty easy to see the distinction between something like August 1968 and what would be possible in the current climate.

I’m beginning to get the feeling we’re living in a warming climate.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.