1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

That would freeze your pee pee for sure!!

Road trip!!! 

• lol 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Cold Snap said:

I’m thinking some places could get up to 3” in the puget sound area with the arctic front. KOMO news was talking about how there could be some stationary bands of snow set up and someone could score with that.

The nws discussion I just posted was also discussing that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poulsbo Snowman said:

Well, that's 75 miles of the 350 mile move we need to get something to the Puget Sound. 

Got to start somewhere! Perhaps Snowmizer can do an engine swap and give it some real power!! 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

One possibility is that all the models are converging on the ECMWF scenario which would mean eliminating the crazy south runs as well.   Obviously the models have to hone in on one solution soon here.

Most likely. Looking good for PDX.

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

23 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Wow they do not start here till April.

Usually around the first week of Feb/last few days of Jan give or take, they start.  It''s pretty cool listening to them.  Always a herald of spring although a bit of a distant one.  Month after that, the Turkey Vultures show early March and then it's an avalanche of birds coming back.  We have some winter to get through first but will be interesting to see if we go back to a "typical" Nino and how that might affect our migratory friends.  Usually doesn't matter much.  Biorhythms.  Pretty rock solid. 

26 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Given some of the insane cold spells across the country and other parts of the world in the last few years... it seems silly to assume it wasn't possible here any more.   Of course it is.   Record breaking cold can and will happen in a warming climate.   There might even be a case to be made for more extreme cold events as part of more extreme patterns overall.    Sort of a hollow victory though because it doesn't change anything.  

on the same token, climate patterns can change and maybe they have here somewhat (ie more common triple digit records even on the west side in summer).  With that said, on the opposite side of that token, its becoming harder to get sustained arctic cold blasts on the west side of the Rockies

Big changes in terms of low positioning for Friday on the GFS compared to yesterdays runs.   New 18Z run on top.  

gfs-deterministic-nw-mslp_anom-5082400 (1).png

gfs-deterministic-nw-mslp_anom-5082400.png

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Weird they say Friday when the Arctic front starts moving through on Thursday.

Must’ve mixed up the days. The NWS sounding bullish on Arctic front snowfall is telling to me though. Doesn’t mean it will happen…but it usually does in these situations. It’s extremely unpredictable. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Poulsbo Snowman said:

It is.  But it's not dry up north either.

Yeah Everett showing 0.9" total snow prior with the passage of the arctic front.  Zip after that.  Better than nothing

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Must’ve mixed up the days. The NWS sounding bullish on Arctic front snowfall is telling to me though. Doesn’t mean it will happen…but it usually does in these situations. It’s extremely unpredictable. 

Yep. Would be shocking if someone doesn't have 3"+ on the ground by Friday morning.

Secondary low still quite far North on the 18z through hour 60.

Tick North of the 12z and mb stronger. Saturday will still be snowy for Seattle on this run.

• Like 6

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

1 minute ago, bainbridgekid said:

Secondary low still quite far North on the 18z through hour 60.

Tick North of the 12z and mb stronger. Saturday will still be snowy for Seattle on this run.

Comes ashore around Astoria it appears.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_nwus_12.png

• Like 5
  • scream 1

Snow still reaches the King/Snohomish County line Saturday on this run.

• scream 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

3 minutes ago, Winterdog said:

Yeah Everett showing 0.9" total snow prior with the passage of the arctic front.  Zip after that.  Better than nothing

Moisture still has to overcome dry air. Most likely nothing hits the ground.

• Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sun 3
  • Shivering 1

Just now, Gummy said:

Conflicting reports!

South on Friday... slightly south on Saturday.    Its caving very slowly.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, bainbridgekid said:

Snow still reaches the King/Snohomish County line Saturday on this run.

And if that secondary low strengthens more…Watch out for much of western Wa! 

• Like 2