2 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

That is pretty encouraging, at least near HIO that would suggest pretty much all snow. I'm west of HIO so I would expect to do fine. 

How do these look for SLE or PDX? It looks like the Euro mostly spares WA county but does try to warm nose PDX for a bit. 

image.thumb.png.fbd0c49e922f00b88b6a3979bc750eb8.png

Yeah, just to the NE of Hillsboro here so hoping to stay mostly snow. Glad it looks like we won't see much ZR if any.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Gfs really caved to a possible snowy solution for some areas. Next week will look much different in the model world than it does now.

Snow looks very unlikely but it’s looking more likely that some fairly significant icing may occur down this way.

• Like 3
  • Shivering 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

Yeah, just to the NE of Hillsboro here so hoping to stay mostly snow. Glad it looks like we won't see much ZR if any.

Yeah I’m just north of Beaverton so I don’t I’m going to be spared this time around. Vancouver to longview looks good for 10 inches or so.

OLM will get 2 inches

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

Fine line between snow and sleet for SW Beaverton and Tigard to my eye.  I don't want to hear the hiss of another sleet storm.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Gfs really caved to a possible snowy solution for some areas. Next week will look much different in the model world than it does now.

Worth noting the ECMWF and GEM backed off and so did many of the ensemble members so its not like the GFS is caving to a snowy solution.  This is a small window during the pattern transition and it would have to be lined up perfectly to get snow.  The pattern flips to much warmer right after that regardless of how Tuesday night/Wednesday goes so its not the entire week.  But even with the warmer (non-snowy) solutions there could be an issue with freezing rain... particularly in the Portland area.

• Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, jcmcgaffey said:

Been having decent flurries the last hour here and no clouds around. Cold air just squeezing the moisture out. 

Thanks to a temp inversion, diamond dust

Weather! Atmospheric conditions

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Worth noting the ECMWF and GEM backed off and so did many of the ensemble members so its not like the GFS is caving to a snowy solution.  This is a small window during the pattern transition and it would have to be lined up perfectly to get snow.  The pattern flips to much warmer right after that regardless of how Tuesday night/Wednesday goes so its not the entire week.  But even with the warmer (non-snowy) solutions there could be an issue with freezing rain... particularly in the Portland area.

Oh, i'm back to only looking to hr 120 or so. Anything past that is flip flopping to much really i'd imagine.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

5 minutes ago, jcmcgaffey said:

Been having decent flurries the last hour here and no clouds around. Cold air just squeezing the moisture out. 

Lake effect off the sound, you can see it on radar it looks like.

• Like 4

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Oh, i'm back to only looking to hr 120 or so. Anything past that is flip flopping to much really i'd imagine.

There will be probably be 50 different scenarios shown for Tuesday night and Wednesday.    But its basically in the 120 hour range now.   Later next week and beyond is much easier to predict than that 24 hour window in the middle of the week.

• Windy 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, DeepFriedEgg said:

Gotta feel bad for south metro and Salem. Seems like an annual tradition for them to get skunked.

Also, Albany and Eugene, just brutal icing.

We’re just in a bad spot for snow for whatever reason. Tough place to be a snow lover. I’ll try to appreciate w/e we get as long as it’s not ZR.

• Like 4
  • Snow 1

Everett may pull off a high in the teens today. Really remarkable under total sunshine.

• Like 4

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There will be probably be 50 different scenarios shown for Tuesday night and Wednesday.    But its basically in the 120 hour range now.   Later next week and beyond is much easier to predict than that 24 hour window in the middle of the week.

As top tier as this air is i would be amazed if Seattle gets through all this without 1 event. I think mid week will be when it happens. It would not surprise me to see 1/2 or so around Seattle tomorrow and 2 inches in Tacoma to about 4 in Olympia. I bet even Randy gets some flakes.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

High potential for tomorrow to be a throwback to the old days overrunning event up here with out the immediate melt off at the end of the precip.

Yep you are in a good spot, i'm hoping it will sneak up the canal, i think it will.

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

I swear to god guys it’s not AI generated! Or from 1990! This is has got to be one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. Got absolutely blasted by that wave BTW lol

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

IMG_5610.jpeg

IMG_5607.jpeg

Where is that? it looks like it did the day i remember in 1990!!

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

As top tier as this air is i would be amazed if Seattle gets through all this without 1 event. I think mid week will be when it happens. It would not surprise me to see 1/2 or so around Seattle tomorrow and 2 inches in Tacoma to about 4 in Olympia. I bet even Randy gets some flakes.

I think there will be at least flurries up to Seattle tomorrow.   And Tuesday night/Wednesday is the big chance at the end of this cold event.

• Shivering 1

5 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Everett may pull off a high in the teens today. Really remarkable under total sunshine.

Just took a walk a bit ago and the wind hitting your face when you’re facing north feels crazy. I can’t imagine how it must be in Bellingham.

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

Just now, TT-SEA said:

I think there will be at least flurries up to Seattle tomorrow.   And Tuesday night/Wednesday is the big chance at the end of this cold event.

Huge ensemble improvements for centralia and oly on the GEFS 

• Like 1