March 2024 Weather in the PNW

17 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Moving at a snails pace! Wonder if it will get to me? I was mad when I looked out and saw scud clouds and a temp at 30.9 degrees since when I went to bed last night it was 28. Hit 27.7 after midnight before the clouds apparently rolled in. But if I can get a dusting out of it I would be cool with it! 

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3338.jpeg

It was cloudy all night here so it never went below freezing.  Just above freezing but cold enough for the snow flurries to stick. 

• Excited 1

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Genuinely snowing in Oak Harbor.

020vc03080.jpg

Moving sooo slow! Not sure it will get to me but I’m hopeful. 

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

• Like 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Oops, sorry about the Russ situation, didn’t realize I clicked on that screenshot as well. But it’s funny so I’m not going to edit it. 
Anyway, solid actual clouds now! 

IMG_3342.jpeg

• lol 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Memories!! I was on day 32 with solid snowcover in 2019 with a nice refresh on this day! 

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

• Like 5

Dropped to 25 this morning.  One of the later dates it's gotten that cold in this century here.  Looks like SEA will end up with 28 for their low which is just 2 degrees above the 1951 record.

• Shivering 4

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

26 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Genuinely snowing in Oak Harbor.

020vc03080.jpg

Sure didn't see that coming.  Pretty solid cloud shield on the sat pic right now.  This could end up being a really cold day if it's cloudy.

• Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

6 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Dropped to 25 this morning.  One of the later dates it's gotten that cold in this century here.  Looks like SEA will end up with 28 for their low which is just 2 degrees above the 1951 record.

You beat me! Due to the clouds I only hit 27. 

• Excited 1

Just now, snow_wizard said:

Sure didn't see that coming.  Pretty solid cloud shield on the sat pic right now.  This could end up being a really cold day if it's cloudy.

Mets had been calling for flurries here lasting through late morning.  Looking back at last night’s mesoscale models most of them had some precip across southern Vancouver island and the north sound. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Mets had been calling for flurries here lasting through late morning.  Looking back at last night’s mesoscale models most of them had some precip across southern Vancouver island and the north sound. 

And nobody here made a single mention of it last night?? 

20 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Memories!! I was on day 32 with solid snowcover in 2019 with a nice refresh on this day! 

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

Funny to see pictures of your dogs laying in the snow.  Just went through a training class with my dog, and they offered mats for dogs to lay on  to "protect them from the cold concrete floor"  and for some dogs I get it.

But for my dog I had to laugh, when it snows my dog grabs one of her bones and goes out and lays in the snow to chew on her bone like its a nice sunny 70 degree day.

Getting some flurries still with the sun trying to peek through the clouds.  Currently 31

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MossMan said:

And nobody here made a single mention of it last night?? 

Asleep at the wheel.   First flurry rolled through here around 6pm last night. They’ve just been too light to amount to much.   Tuesday nights are my night out of the house so I usually don’t post much on Tuesdays unless it’s significant.  

yesterday afternoons 18z euro and Rgem clearly saw the precip up north.  Generally less than 0.1” though. 

IMG_8253.png

IMG_8254.png

• Excited 1

A couple of single digit lows east of the Cascades today.  7 at Lost Lake and 9 in the Teanaway Valley.  Impressive.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

39 minutes ago, MossMan said:

You beat me! Due to the clouds I only hit 27. 

This area does ok for low temps many times.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, snow_wizard said:

A couple of single digit lows east of the Cascades today.  7 at Lost Lake and 9 in the Teanaway Valley.  Impressive.

Sunriver hit 9 this morning in Central Oregon.

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

8 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Lost lake is 2 miles from my property. Cabin hit 4.4 there were some below zero reading also

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Snowflakes falling in Burlington where I am currently at! 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Funny to see pictures of your dogs laying in the snow.  Just went through a training class with my dog, and they offered mats for dogs to lay on  to "protect them from the cold concrete floor"  and for some dogs I get it.

But for my dog I had to laugh, when it snows my dog grabs one of her bones and goes out and lays in the snow to chew on her bone like its a nice sunny 70 degree day.

Getting some flurries still with the sun trying to peek through the clouds.  Currently 31

Very true! However mats can be used for “stationing” and are also useful when working “downs”. Most dogs don’t care that their elbows slam the concrete when working solid and quick downs, but the sound it makes upon impact is quite frightening to people lol! 

Ended up with a low of 28 here. Would have gone lower but low clouds and fog formed before sunrise. Looks like VUO may have hit 25 which is pretty impressive. Less fog west side it appears.

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

18 minutes ago, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

That ridge looks splendid. 

12Z GEFS looks solid at day 10.  

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-namer-z500_anom-0590400.png

• Sun 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

39 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Sunriver hit 9 this morning in Central Oregon.

My part of sunriver got down to 5.6!

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!