March 2024 Weather in the PNW

2 minutes ago, DeepFriedEgg said:

At least 80F seems off the table at this point.

I personally don't care if its 65 or 85.      Just looking forward to a few mild, sunny spring days.    

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Someone NAILED the retrogression over a week ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

1 hour ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

That’s a good comparison. This one is interesting for @Phil

Bagratashen, Armenia (5,808 miles away) is the far-away foreign place with temperatures most similar to Cabin John 

IMG_3084.thumb.jpeg.18f445ef6f89f8c058aa580ebb2356e1.jpeg

https://weatherspark.com/y/21016/Average-Weather-in-Cabin-John-Maryland-United-States-Year-Round

Clearly a less humid climate over there, though.

Also why tf hasn’t weatherspark updated to the 1991-2020 averages yet? There are some significant changes in the new normals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Climo.

• Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

21 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Probably snow wizard or I. Started as a couple good long range gfs runs. We latch onto any optimism there is to find. He is usually the most optimistic.

• Like 2
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Clearly a less humid climate over there, though.

Also why tf hasn’t weatherspark updated to the 1991-2020 averages yet? There are some significant changes in the new normals.

Why would anyone use weather spark?  According to that, I only get snow for a short 6 week period, and only about 40 inches per year.  Same thing with Aspen, Colorado.  I'm guessing a computer does this and calculates incorrectly or uses airports far away to get their numbers.

• Like 1

I see why Tim craves that little slice of summer now. Damn that’s a lot of water.

Also interesting how the lags in seasonality reverse from fall to spring.

IMG_0585.png

IMG_0589.jpegIMG_0587.jpeg

• Like 1
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 1

4 minutes ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

Why would anyone use weather spark?  According to that, I only get snow for a short 6 week period, and only about 40 inches per year.  Same thing with Aspen, Colorado.  I'm guessing a computer does this and calculates incorrectly or uses airports far away to get their numbers.

Yeah they’re off here too. Average high peaks at 90°F and summer rainfall is much higher.

They take surrounding stations and average them out. Which isn’t a good way to estimate climo, especially in regions with complex topography. Maybe it works in Oklahoma, but not here, and certainly not in mountainous inland WA.

• Like 2
  • scream 1

2 minutes ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

Seems like a garbage site from everything I’ve seen.

• Like 2

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yeah they’re off here too. Average high is 90°F and summer rainfall is much higher.

They take surrounding stations and average them out. Which isn’t a good way to estimate climate.

😱 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I see why Tim craves that little slice of summer now. D**n that’s a lot of water.

IMG_0585.png

Doesn't seem like this winter has been unusually wet.   

But yes Phil... your preferences are based on your climate and my preferences are based on my climate.    Did it take you 20 years to realize this?   😀

• Like 2

Weatherspark is drunk. It thinks August is my warmest month (July is slightly warmer), it thinks my avg high temp is 81 in August with a low of 50, even though it's 88 with a low of 44. It thinks our annual snowfall is 38.6", even though the part of town with the least snow (sunriver resort) averages 60", and I average 90".

Weatherspark Is a broken website.

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

Just now, Frontal Snowsquall said:

It’s still going to be the warmest weekend since back on October 7-8 when it hit low 80s. Gonna be a beautiful weekend. 😍

IMG_3085.jpeg.10819802c902b3575a9a100643bd877f.jpeg

Hoping to see that come down a few notches further. Three days in the 70s peaking at 73-74 on Saturday would be perfect.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 4

If Cascadia_wx gives you a troll reaction, it means you're a normal person who enjoys nice weather. Good for you!

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Troll 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

I see why Tim craves that little slice of summer now. D**n that’s a lot of water.

IMG_0585.png

Today after 15 years of obsessively following its climate, Phil learned that it does, in fact, rain a lot in North Bend, WA.

• lol 3

9 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

If Cascadia_wx gives you a troll reaction, it means you're a normal person who enjoys nice weather. Good for you!

Probably best to not give him the attention he is craving.    Just an online bully and keyboard warrior.   🙄

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BLI snowman said:

Today after 15 years of obsessively following its climate, Phil learned that it does, in fact, rain a lot in North Bend, WA.

He will also be amazed anew at our relatively cool summer nights during his next fake visit!

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1

3 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Its a great day!    Phil had a realization.  😀

• Popcorn 1
  • Rain 1

1 minute ago, Phishy Wx said:

I'd have a beer with Cascadia

Thanks. I’d have one with you too.

The personal attacks have gotten pretty out of hand today I see. Seems to be happening a lot lately.

• Like 1
  • lol 2

20 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Thanks. I’d have one with you too.

The personal attacks have gotten pretty out of hand today I see. Seems to be happening a lot lately.

Yes... you have been ramping up your sly, underhanded comments lately.  Must be because summer is coming.  And I would also have a beer with you because that is the best way to bridge differences.  But you play this passive aggressive game forever... pretending I don't exist but then referencing me every day.   Pretending you have me on ignore but then referencing my posts before they are quoted.   And those terms I used were not mine.   Other people used those words to describe you.  There is no other way to describe someone who has to negatively respond to every single post they don't like other than a keyboard warrior.   That is the very definition of that term.  Own it.

• Popcorn 5

48F with some showers.

Looks like it's one of these days on the board:

Baseball Fight.gif

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

20 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Im

just here 

2 fight

weather evil. 

20 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

We appreciate you. You are truly one of Christ’s foot soldiers.

Goofy... and creepy.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bainbridgekid said:

Booked my first tee times of the year for Friday after work and Sunday afternoon and I'm skiing Stevens on Saturday. 

Told my friends to expect 50 degree sunshine on the slopes and to golf in shorts on Sunday. Gotta make the most of times like this.

My son told me he is doing the same thing this weekend.  

• Like 1
  • Excited 2

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Me 2. But I would NOT leave it unattended.

I would drive down there just to have a beer with you and Jesse and drive back.    No joke.   

• Excited 1

Just now, TT-SEA said:

I would drive down there just to have a beer with you and Jesse and drive back.    No joke.   

I would as well if it wasn’t so far. I can’t even seem to get to Everett for a meetup lol 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Me 2. But I would NOT leave it unattended.

Hahaha. I am a dangerous person who would hurt other people if given the chance because I don’t want 80 degree weather in March. Good one Matt!

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Hahaha. I am a dangerous person who would hurt other people if given the chance because I don’t want 80 degree weather in March. Good one Matt!

Not about your preferences Jesse.    

1 hour ago, Phil said:

IMG_0585.png

There’s that late November precip spike. That period can get ridiculously wet and stormy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slushy Inch said:

There’s that late November precip spike. That period can get ridiculously wet and stormy. 

One of my favorite times of year. We really turn the corner into winter around that time, usually.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Is there a gif of one baseball player fighting with themself 🤣

It's OK Jesse.  Your can love whatever weather you want.   You don't need to downvote 400 times a day.   

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1