March 2024 Weather in the PNW

North Sound rules!! We have a CIRCLE K in Marysville and everything! 

IMG_3980.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • lol 3
  • scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

We had one quiet summer when a certain someone was banned... before he snuck back in.   And he says he is so well behaved now.    Same old same old.  😀

You keep saying you are well behaved now, there is more of us than you think on here that would disagree, be blessed Tim, life is too short, embrace all that you have cuz what  if tomorrow never comes and the last thing you said in any way was complaining about someone who disagrees with you.

Have a great rest of your week everyone, be amazing in all that you do.

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1

24 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Does the north sound have a waterfront park and entertainment district built on a slag pile?  Didn’t think so. 

Checkmate. 

Better weather because of the rain shadow, better people, and better views in the north sound. Especially at whidbey island.

Checkmate 

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Downvote 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

9 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

You keep saying you are well behaved now, there is more of us than you think on here that would disagree, be blessed Tim, life is too short, embrace all that you have cuz what  if tomorrow never comes and the last thing you said in any way was complaining about someone who disagrees with you.

Have a great rest of your week everyone, be amazing in all that you do.

😀

Well then lets start keeping track.   We have one person serving as the constant antagonizer and its definitely not me.   Today it was all about economics.   Its always something.   Forced moral outrage. 

Please let me know when I start something out of nothing.   I could quote 10 times when a certain someone has done that in just the last week.  Maybe more.  And I am not talking about posting weather maps or charts that someone likes... because that is what we are here for.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

😀

Well then lets start keeping track.   We have one person serving as the constant antagonizer and its definitely not me.   Today it was all about economics.   Its always something.   Forced moral outrage. 

Please let me know when I start something out of nothing.   I could quote 10 times when a certain someone has done that in just the last week.  Maybe more.  And posting a weather map that someone likes does not count.   That is what we are here for. 

If you don't like what someone is saying, don't say anything at all, they are not hurting anyone, its pretty simple, they way you keep going on and on and on is petty and immature. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are more bothered by one person and what they say than they are actually bothered by whatever it is.

PS... I am certain that you are always keeping track, which is also creepy.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

27 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

If you don't like what someone is saying, don't say anything at all, they are not hurting anyone, its pretty simple, they way you keep going on and on and on is petty and immature. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are more bothered by one person and what they say than they are actually bothered by whatever it is.

PS... I am certain that you are always keeping track, which is also creepy.

Are you joking?   You literally only focus on me.   Do you realize how ironic this post is?   😀

One person is the constant antagonizer and its not me.    Just the reality.   I enjoy the drama but I know many people don't.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Winding down here now, but picked up a quick 1/4” of very heavy precip with some distant thunder at times. Over 3/4” on the day now.

Only .38 here but a fun dynamic afternoon. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Pretty stormy out there right now. Fun. 

IMG_9192.jpeg

IMG_9191.jpeg

Pretty awesome view from Seattle too...

Screenshot_20240327-183944_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6
  • Storm 1
  • scream 1

1 hour ago, T-Town said:

Got some hail with the shower currently in progress. 

Had a sweet ~10 minute hailstorm around 5 out on the coast, cleared back up for a nice evening. Spring in full force 

• Like 8

Portland | Raleigh Hills/West Sylvan | 350’

”All models are wrong, some are useful.”

-G. Box

We have the button pushers, (Tim, Matt), then we have the offended/attacker, ( Jesse, Andrew). Then we have the bodyguard, (Chris). And let’s not forget the biggest one-upper innocent portrayer on here, (Phil). It’s great guys. I can take a week or two off from reading or posting and come back like I missed nothing. 

edit. Didn’t mean to leave Jim out, what seemingly seems like a man child. Oh and the virgin Rob. 

• Excited 1
  • lol 6
  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1
  • scream 1

4 minutes ago, RaleighHillsRunner said:

Had a sweet ~10 minute hailstorm around 5 out on the coast, cleared back up for a nice evening. Spring in full force 

Today was a classic late March day.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

We have the button pushers, (Tim, Matt), then we have the offended/attacker, ( Jesse, Andrew). Then we have the bodyguard, (Chris). And let’s not forget the biggest one-upper innocent portrayer on here, (Phil). It’s great guys. I can take a week or two off from reading or posting and come back like I missed nothing. 

edit. Didn’t mean to leave Jim out, what seemingly seems like a man child. Oh and the virgin Rob. 

No no no. It’s all the one guys’ fault who likes the different weather than I do!

• Like 1
  • Sun 1
  • scream 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

11 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

How’s CulverJosh doing these days?

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

11 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

Now I'm curious what I am lol 

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

No no no. It’s all the one guys’ fault who likes the different weather than I do!

More irony.   You are only one beating the preference drum every day.   You are the full package!   Not sure if you are joking or just not self-aware.  🧐

• Like 1
  • lol 1

2 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

This also means just one below average month out of the last 12 (January!) at PDX.

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Haven’t been a lot of cool months lately even based on the coked up 1991-2020 averages. One could say we are due, but we are also heading into a time of year soon (May-September) where it has been almost impossible to score meaningful cool anomalies, based on recent history.

SEA has had 4 months below or at average in the past 12. KVUO has had 3.

Not a lot, obviously, but the PDX stat is kinda on the extreme end of the spectrum.

• Weenie 1

A forum for the end of the world.

12 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Now I'm curious what I am lol 

Don't be the "attacker"... that is the worst.  

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • bongocat-test 1

I did a lot of soul searching after today's forum topic…I really don’t want to be in the 1% elite (or 99.9% of this forum) so I have decided to sell my 20yr old jetski, my 30yr old boat, my 4yr old truck (that I got for 0% financing and a bunch of money down from the trade in equity of my old truck) and our house on 5 acres that we bought 6yrs ago at a good price and interest rate before the market went crazy price wise. 
We will keep my wife’s 10yr old Subaru as an only vehicle, I will take community transit to work and we will rent a 2 bedroom place in Marysville next to the Circle K. Sure the rent will be the same as our current mortgage but at least I will not be one of those stuck up elitist!! 

If anyone wants my place it will be listed tomorrow, it snows a lot here! 

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Weenie 1
  • bongocat-test 3

Just now, Front Ranger said:

Alcoholic sex addict?

SunRiverSnowZone is CulverJosh 😱

• Popcorn 1
  • scream 1

17 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I did a lot of soul searching after today's forum topic…I really don’t want to be in the 1% elite (or 99.9% of this forum) so I have decided to sell my 20yr old jetski, my 30yr old boat, my 4yr old truck (that I got for 0% financing and a bunch of money down from the trade in equity of my old truck) and our house on 5 acres that we bought 6yrs ago at a good price and interest rate before the market went crazy price wise. 
We will keep my wife’s 10yr old Subaru as an only vehicle, I will take community transit to work and we will rent a 2 bedroom place in Marysville next to the Circle K. Sure the rent will be the same as our current mortgage but at least I will not be one of those stuck up elitist!! 

You can rent 2 bedrooms at my place or even 3 if you're willing to pay extra. We get a lot of snow here and we don't need those bedrooms anymore because our kids are all moved out.

1.9k a month for 2 bedrooms, 2.3k for 3. And your kids have to do chores around the house and shovel snow. Deal?

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

Ended up with a 56/44 day here. Morning stratiform rain and cool temps, transitioning to a showers and sunbreaks regime with breezy SW winds in the afternoon. Had a handful of decent downpours and even some distant thunder. Over .70” on the day.

Clearing skies now with a current temp of 47, so possible I set a new low by midnight.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

33 minutes ago, MossMan said:

any Palms on the property?

• Excited 2
  • Troll 1

16 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Alcoholic sex addict?

14 minutes ago, MossMan said:

SunRiverSnowZone is CulverJosh 😱

D*mnit, you guys figured it out. 

• lol 1

Not sure what Andrew did, but SLE (like SEA) has been able to turn the corner on their anomalies. About to record their second below normal month in the past three, and also has two other months in the past 12 that were at or below normal.

A few years ago it seems they were running even warmer anomalies than PDX.

And then the station of the gods...while OLM once reliably led the way every year with below normal months, they will be above normal this month, and have only one other month besides January in the last twelve that was below normal: April 2023.

This is the same as PDX. So @Cascadia_Wx, they've had two months in the past 12 below normal, not just January.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

A forum for the end of the world.

13 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Ended up with a 56/44 day here. Morning stratiform rain and cool temps, transitioning to a showers and sunbreaks regime with breezy SW winds in the afternoon. Had a handful of decent downpours and even some distant thunder. Over .70” on the day.

Clearing skies now with a current temp of 47, so possible I set a new low by midnight.

I loved the weather today. Great spring break day! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blizzard777 said:

Redondo Beach near Federal Way and Des Moines‘s, south sound basically

i’m spoiled!!!! 

2 hours ago, T-Town said:

The South Sound rules. Indisputable scientifically proven fact. 

2 hours ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

You have to be joking right?  North sound is so much better

I would have to say the South Sound is better. I always love going to Dash Point Beach whenever I go up there.

• Like 3
  • bongocat-test 1

1 hour ago, High Desert Mat? said:

I feel I can push buttons too. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • scream 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.