PNW November 2021 Wx Obs/Discussion

Meatyorologist

2 hours ago, Skagit Weather said:

That's insane! It looks like the average high temperature drops by almost 1 degree a day at peak cooling in the middle of October. Where did you find that climatological data? I know about the WRCC tables, but for Fairbanks Airport I couldn't find those exact values (I see 32.7F on October 15 and and 11.1F on November 15th)

Under the daily summary stats here: https://wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?ak2968

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

So it looks like it did briefly go over land as well and base on the damage assessment there, they gave it an EF0.  From afar, it certainly look like more than an EF0 though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archon said:

And… there goes all of Enumclaw on the PSE Outage map.

Yep a friend that lives out that way just posted on FB that her power is out. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

19 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Dead calm here.

Not as windy as I expected here yet either... but when Enumclaw gets the wind then we usually have less up here. 

• Windy 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

8 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

Your trees are pre bent and conditioned for this just like Troutdales trees!  
Enjoy! 

Haha I talked to my neighbor a few weeks ago who said to be ready for 30+ mph throughout most of winter. Last year they had 80mph blizzard conditions with the February storm. Looked pretty cool.

I wonder why my property has no trees lol

• Windy 1

Just now, smerfylicious said:

Haha I talked to my neighbor a few weeks ago who said to be ready for 30+ mph throughout most of winter. Last year they had 80mph blizzard conditions with the February storm. Looked pretty cool.

I wonder why my property has no trees lol

Lol,  In Troutdale all establish trees in the neighborhood did fine during the huge wind events but any trees we planted were usually taken out within 3 years!   I also planted one tree and had my daughter stand next to it for the photo so when she was and adult could go back to that same tree…..it didn’t last…snapped in half 2 years later :( . Gave up on trees and stuck to low lying shrubs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I can hear wind the roaring up on the ridge or maybe the roar is coming from the other side of the ridge in Maple Valley... but its not that windy here.    The angle has just enough SE component to spare us the worst... at least so far.     00Z ECMWF shows the east wind at its strongest right about now.  

• Like 3
  • Windy 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

Well since people have posted the ECMWF weeklies and the CFS, I thought I would post last night's GFS long-ranger, starting at hour 364.  Not bad.

floop-gefs-2021110800.500h_anom_na.gif

Now that’s a block.

• Snow 3