5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Chris seems to kill it in marginal situations. Way more than you'd expect for someone so close to the coast.

Chehalis Gap, although tonight is more due to dead gradients and a chillier airmass with heavy precip like down south.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

And yet, somehow SEA pulled off over 8" of snow for the third winter in a row.

Last time that happened? 1970-73.

That’s crazy. I can literally see the control tower from my street. I’ll never get over it!!

• Like 1
  • lol 1

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

It’s not really that far off from the other models. If anything it’s finally falling into line.

No way Seattle has a high in the teens, I was laughing at that.

• Like 6
  • Popcorn 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

4 minutes ago, KingstonWX said:

I thought for sure you'd change over by now with those waves of moisture coming down the strait. Probably will happen still soon though.

It’s really dumping down and after taking a flashlight through the window check it does appear like some lumps are in there. Temp down to 37.9. 
This is the level of moisture I would love to see with the arctic front on Thursday! 

• Like 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, MossMan said:

It’s really dumping down and after taking a flashlight through the window check it does appear like some lumps are in there. Temp down to 37.9. 
This is the level of moisture I would love to see with the arctic front on Thursday! 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

No way Seattle has a high in the teens, I was laughing at that.

I would think they would need deep snow cover to make that happen. 

• Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

9 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Not often you see rain while PDX has snow. 

And when it's windy from the south and totally dry here.   North Bend just bumped up to 42.

• scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

FWIW Michael Snyder pointed in his video tonight that the NAM is also showing that second storm that the GFS is showing and he thinks it will go farther north. So not all hope is lost for Puget Sound yet. Hopefully the Euro tonight can show that too.

• Like 7

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

1 minute ago, Doinko said:

I think I'm right on the border between the south wind and the snow, this is about 4 miles to my north
OR127 Cornelius Pass at MP3.08

Yeah we are protected from the south wind here. Sticking nicely but I’m not sure how much juice this has. I doubt we get anything close to the 4” the euro has. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

FWIW Michael Snyder pointed in his video tonight that the NAM is also showing that second storm that the GFS is showing and he thinks it will go farther north. So not all hope is lost for Puget Sound yet. Hopefully the Euro tonight can show that too.

regional-1-15982.gif

• Like 4
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Shivering 1

A forum for the end of the world.

15 minutes ago, Doinko said:

Couple miles to the north it's sticking at 400 feet around. Still a mix here

Base of sylvan hill here and had fat flakes during that deluge last 20-30mins. Not much stickage and precip rates slowed considerably now. Temp sure dropped like a rock last couple hours tho from 40 to 34 👀 

• Like 4

Portland | Raleigh Hills/West Sylvan | 350’

”All models are wrong, some are useful.”

-G. Box

Initial look shows ECMWF will be right between its 00Z run last night and its 12Z run this morning.

A little north of 12Z run and a little south of 00Z run.  

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

First snow at the new house!! Piling up fast!

PXL_20240110_060129594.MP.jpg

PXL_20240110_060525647.MP.jpg

Those are great pics... impressive.   More snow than I have had this season!  

• Like 3