1 minute ago, Perturbed Member said:

00z vs 18z NAM

Precip spreads further north but the amounts down the Willamette Valley are much lower. It looks a bit more like the Euro now. 

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

Hoping something like the GFS wins out

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

Tim seemed to think he was done with the snow. Sure doesn't look like it now.

I posted my last response before I saw this.   At the rate its snowing right now it could go all night and not add up to an inch.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Based on the radar you would think my area should be getting pounded again but the snow is very light.   Not the same as it was during the arctic front c-zone.   Also... the snowflakes are being blown by a north wind which is very rare here.  We are almost always blocked from a north wind.   I think that speaks to the power of the cold air mass coming in.   

Same here, it’s clearly having trouble overcoming the dry air. Given the trend on radar I think it will pick up though. 

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

I hadn’t looked at the forum or anything since being stuck up there for awhile… I’m so happy to see the radar now that I’m home and finally checking on the weather stuff! 

Glad you made it safe through that nightmare of a drive.

• Like 1

Just now, the_convergence_zone said:

Same here, it’s clearly having trouble overcoming the dry air. Given the trend on radar I think it will pick up though. 

I don't think the radar could be any better out here but its nothing like it was earlier today.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, the_convergence_zone said:

How are the blossoms 🌼 holding up? :(

• Facepalm 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Based on the radar you would think my area should be getting pounded again but the snow is very light.   Not the same as it was during the arctic front c-zone.   Also... the snowflakes are being blown by a north wind which is very rare here.  We are almost always blocked from a north wind.   I think that speaks to the power of the cold air mass coming in.   

It is a powerful airmass. The north wind was really blowing in Bothell today and I could tell it was direction the trees aren’t usually blown in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Hopefully just the NAM being the NAM. Worthless model. 

The mesoscale models are very bearish compared to the global ops. It’s going to be an interesting battle, not going to lie. I’m a little worried about a major bust

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I posted my last response before I saw this.   At the rate its snowing right now it could go all night and not add up to an inch.  

Echoes just started filling in over your area. I bet it gets heavier.

A forum for the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

The mesoscale models are very bearish compared to the global ops. It’s going to be an interesting battle, not going to lie. I’m a little worried about a major bust

Agree, I kind of expected the opposite with the mesoscale ones maybe picking up on something dynamic here but they all look pretty weak for the most part. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Yeah there is still a cluster of much wetter models, we still have a shot of this really overperforming. 

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

qpf_048h-imp.us_nw.png

Only needs to trend north about 3 more counties! 

• Like 2
  • Snow 2
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

4 minutes ago, RentonHill said:

Meetup goodies!!!! Dumping downtown 

IMG_6840.jpeg

You made that happen... nice job!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • bongocat-test 1

1 minute ago, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

This is insanity!!! 3-4” already. Absolutely puking 

Models didn’t catch that at all for your area. This is why model riding is great but nowcast is better 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Agree, I kind of expected the opposite with the mesoscale ones maybe picking up on something dynamic here but they all look pretty weak for the most part. 

Yeah they don't look great. Hopefully the other 00z models look better. I like that we have the GRAF though, that performed pretty well last Feb