Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

One weakness of the ECMWF is it often overdoes south winds.  Today is no exception.  At this time it showed south winds up to Mount Vernon.  Not even close.

• Like 6

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

36 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

As a teacher, I promise you, so are we. I've had many conversations with my coworkers about how dumb that is and how largely worthless a suddenly thrown together singular online day would be.

The silliest one is the last day of school when districts start at 8am (or whenever) and "end at 10am" thing.

• Like 3

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

One weakness of the ECMWF is it often overdoes south winds.  Today is no exception.  At this time it showed south winds up to Mount Vernon.  Not even close.

Not technically true... it showed a NNW wind down to Everett by late morning.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-wnd10m_stream_mph-5528800.png

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Not technically true... it showed a NNW wind down to Everett by late morning.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-wnd10m_stream_mph-5528800.png

Do you concur that Euro has been a bit off for this event so far? Or will the snow retract back into the sky? It had zero snow for me and it is snowing 

• lol 1
  • bongocat-test 1

2 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

Do you concur that Euro has been a bit off for this event so far? Or will the snow retract back into the sky? It had zero snow for me and it is snowing 

Cold air is making it down faster.

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

9 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I am so envious.  I thought about moving up there so many times several years back.

It's not for everyone; for a lot of reasons that aren't all totally weather-related. My wife is from Southern California and HATES the weather here. But we wouldn't move at least until our youngest is done with school in another decade. And since we bought our house in 2020 and are locked in at 2.7%, it might be a lot longer than that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

LOL emoji for the 2nd sentence hahahaha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthBend RainEnthusiast said:

Still raining, 30°F. Ice thickness on trees has doubled this morning and the power has gone off and on a couple times. Almost there!

You jinxed it!   Probably out for good now.   Its strange out there because water is pouring off the roof and puddling on the ice from last night but still hanging on the trees... assume that is because its an elevated surface. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

Seems a little south... but ECMWF shows snow accumulation and snow falling so we will have to see where it ends up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

lol how much is accumulating though?

5 minutes ago, North_County said:

It's not for everyone; for a lot of reasons that aren't all totally weather-related. My wife is from Southern California and HATES the weather here. But we wouldn't move at least until our youngest is done with school in another decade. And since we bought our house in 2020 and are locked in at 2.7%, it might be a lot longer than that.

mine wants to go back to the east coast (or CA) so bad.  we were in CA from 2012-2018 and now in Spokane since 2018.  but same as you locked in a sub 3% mortgage

Just now, iFred said:

Temps peaked about an hour ago with ground sensors hitting 32.5 and the elevated stuff hitting 33. Went from freezing rain to sleet to snow just at this moment. Got to see the cloud deck drop from the hill into the neighborhood, which was pretty cool. The freeze has been so persistent that the ground isn't exactly absorbing any moisture and my lawn has a thick coat of ice while the roads are wet and slush. Thinking that nexts weeks potential AR might be a flood maker with a sudden melt off.

Fingers crossed for an end-of-month special.

From one extreme to the other for anyone north of the 45th, and especially the prairie provinces

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-t2m_f_anom-6356800.png

• scream 1
  • Sick 1