PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

43 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

18Z ECMWF shows Vancouver Island and Bellingham getting hit pretty good with the Wednesday night and Thursday system.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-snow_24hr_kuchera-1502800.png

Thanks Tim, you ruined my afternoon GFS high. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

5 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Thanks Tim, you ruined my afternoon GFS high. 

Well... the GFS did better holding onto the cold across King County last night so maybe it will be right again.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

What I thought was going to be a quick shower has turned into accumulating snow.  It has been at it a good 40 minutes.  My daughter sees tomorrow as her window to get back up to Bellingham for school.  Now I'm wondering if she will be making it.

• Like 2

30.5 for the month to date average.  Now we just need a whole January to come in that low.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 hour ago, T-Town said:

Actually snowing lightly on the fringe of this shower. If we can get one to actually hit us it could be fun. 

Ya….as that line worked its way east the usual happened and fell apart down here.  I also got the consolation prize of some snow but nothing dramatic.  At least we know the atmosphere above is primed with cold so we can enjoy more snow! 

40/34 today and sitting at 34*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Even though it looks like the bulk of the shower will pass to my south, currently getting some light snow falling with the temp sitting at 34/DP 32. 

The ECMWF shows some action for us late tonight.  Hope it's right.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, Jginmartini said:

Ya….as that line worked its way east the usual happened and fell apart down here.  I also got the consolation prize of some snow but nothing dramatic.  At least we know the atmosphere above is primed with cold so we can enjoy more snow! 

40/34 today and sitting at 34*

37/32 here so far.  Still a good amount of snow on the ground too.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Jim I was reading about the big 1916 snow and noticed Everett reported 30 inches in 2 days. Is there records that explain how the system played out? Must of been a convergence zone also. I was curious and couldn't find any info west of Puget sound for snow depths.

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

The shower activity building around the South side of Hood Canal does look like it could make things pretty interesting between Tacoma and Seattle later this evening. Always hard to tell how showers will hold together as it leaves the Olympics and heads this way though.

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

RayRay, last Night was one of the most extreme gradient of snow depth I've witnessed out here. Looks like almost nothing new in your area to 5.5 inches at my place and about 9 inches around seabeck. As the crow flies you are only 1.5 miles from me and a few hundred feet lower. Lake cushman had 14 new.  

• Like 1

Just now, bainbridgekid said:

The shower activity building around the South side of Hood Canal does look like it could make things pretty interesting between Tacoma and Seattle later this evening. Always hard to tell how showers will hold together as it leaves the Olympics and heads this way though.

I'm refreshing the radar every 5 minutes my friend!

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

RayRay, last Night was one of the most extreme gradient of snow depth I've witnessed out here. Looks like almost nothing new in your area to 5.5 inches at my place and about 9 inches around seabeck. As the crow flies you are only 1.5 miles from me and a few hundred feet lower. Lake cushman had 14 new.  

The gradient was absolutely crazy... Green mountain is covered with snow too... completely white... I have classes ending at 1130 am tomorrow so time for a hike I think. today I had university classes all day. 9 inches for seasick is absolutely crazy how deep is the snow there now!?

1 minute ago, RayRay said:

The gradient was absolutely crazy... Green mountain is covered with snow too... completely white... I have classes ending at 1130 am tomorrow so time for a hike I think. today I had university classes all day. 9 inches for seasick is absolutely crazy how deep is the snow there now!?

They had about 14 total. Peak depth here was 11 inches at midnight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skywatcher said:

Ah, classic surprise snow. We were nearly to bare pavement on the road annnd then, big fat flakes dumping. Currently at 34F, and the sidewalks are solidly covered again

That just barely missed me.  Just plain bad luck on that one.

• Sad 1
  • Troll 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, RayRay said:

definitely gonna go cross country skiing with my dad at a park somewhere at Seabeck tomorrow.

The top of green mountain looked crazy today. Probably 2.5 feet there now. God I wish I could buy property up there. All my snow problems would be solved.

• Like 1

Just now, clipper_range said:

Working for me. Hmmm

Not working on my phone or computer. That's really weird.

• Like 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter