June 2016 Observation and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Back to the "If I did this" BS again? C'mon Tim, that's pathetic.

The radar looks terrifying right now!

I am very afraid of rain.

Is it below 90 degrees outside??   I might be trapped here.  I am absolutely terrified of anything below 90.

I am fetal position now.   Tell when its OK to get up.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Back to the "If I did this" BS again? C'mon Tim, that's pathetic.

I even put a "haha" at the beginning of that sentence to highlight the lighthearted nature of the comment. Lol.

• Like 1

I even put a "haha" at the beginning of that sentence to highlight the lighthearted nature of the comment. Lol.

No kidding.   

I know you were being dramatic for effect.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

No kidding.

I know you were being dramatic.

The only dramatic aspect of that post is your response to it.

We went just did this a few weeks ago. Why start it up again?

• Like 1

The only dramatic aspect of that post is your response to it.

We went just did this a few weeks ago. Why start it up again?

Because I am told that I have a "primal fear" of anything less than a record hot summer.  When I have said nothing like that.   But you say above normal across the country is terrifying!   

Wonder what the response be if I said the trough next week and cold anomalies in the PNW are absolutely terrifying?    :lol:

Not that I think that of course.

The radar looks terrifying right now!

I am very afraid of rain.

Is it below 90 degrees outside?? I might be trapped here. I am absolutely terrified of anything below 90.

I am fetal position now. Tell when its OK to get up.

Finally some honesty!

Like I said, we're all here for you. You can be yourself like this here. It's what we all suspect anyway.

Because I am told that I have a "primal fear" of anything less than a record hot summer. When I have said nothing like that.

But you say above normal across the country is terrifying!

Wonder what the response be if I said the trough next week and cold anomalies in the PNW are absolutely terrifying? :lol:

Not that I think that of course.

Dude, I never said that about you, and my comment wasn't meant to be taken literally. Obviously I don't think nationwide warmth is "terrifying". I said it jokingly, and I thought I made that clear. Alright?

Dude, I never said that about you, and my comment wasn't meant to be taken literally. Obviously I don't think nationwide warmth is "terrifying". I said it jokingly, and I thought I made that clear. Alright?

I understand completely.   Its not about you.   Just using your post as an example.

It looks terrifying. The primal fear response is still there

Phil... this was the post I was referencing.

Jesse putting dramatic words in my mouth.   ;)

Phil... this was the post I was referencing.

Jesse putting dramatic words in my mouth. Your post was conveniently timed since you used the term I was accused of using. ;)

It seemed to me like his post was a reference to my wording.

Mountains out of molehills.

• Like 2

It seemed to me like his post was a reference to my wording.

Mountains out of molehills.

Regardless.    You were the one mocking me for things I never said.   Unnecessary on here.

Finally some honesty!

Like I said, we're all here for you. You can be yourself like this here. It's what we all suspect anyway.

You only seem to be concerned about me being unhappy.   Like you have been waiting 2 years and now its time for me to be miserable again and you can't wait.   But I am not and its silly to think that.     And you keep going with the endless psycho-analysis.    

Let it go.   

BTW - this last winter was one of the worst ever in my opinion.   Any change will be an improvement.   Barely complained all winter.   Just rolled with it (and went to Hawaii and Palm Springs).    I don't complain much any more even when I dislike the weather.   

You only seem to be concerned about me being unhappy. Like you have been waiting 2 years and now its time for me to be miserable again and you can't wait. But I am not and its silly to think that. And you keep going with the endless psycho-analysis.

Let it go.

Just a little joshing. Breathe.

• Like 1

It looks like the Shawnigan Lake area is finally picking up some decent rainfall. Not a trace so far today in Victoria proper.

0.38" of rain here with some heavy showers this afternoon. Looks like the east side of the lake was drier, wouldn't be surprised if the official number for shawnigan lake is half of that or less.

.75 on the day here... quite the band of heavy rain focused on the I-90 corridor from Seattle to the pass earlier.   Almost 2 inches on the month.    Its wet again.

*In North Bend.

And the I-90 corridor... and it sounds on the WA side of the Portland area.

And judging by the radar yesterday... much of SW WA.

I had a pretty nice hail shower yesterday which coated the ground in hail. Had to start a small fire in the fireplace this morning to take the chill off. It was 57.5 this morning in my living room when I got up. I will be replacing my windows in the next couple of weeks. Those 1974 windows will be gone and I will be ready for the coming Nina. ;)

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I had a pretty nice hail shower yesterday which coated the ground in hail. Had to start a small fire in the fireplace this morning to take the chill off. It was 57.5 this morning in my living room when I got up. I will be replacing my windows in the next couple of weeks. Those 1974 windows will be gone and I will be ready for the coming Nina. ;)

I'll be super curious to hear your savings on energy costs.  I keep track of crap like that at my house!

You go a little overboard in your devotion to Phil. Just saying.

You do realize that the whole 5 page trough or not debate originated over Tim making a "If I said this" comment in response to Jims post, in which I defended because Tim was wrong and just being Tim.

Whats with the unnecessary comment anyways?

You do realize that the whole 5 page trough or not debate originated over Tim making a "If I said this" comment in response to Jims post, in which I defended because Tim was wrong and just being Tim.

Whats with the unnecessary comment anyways?

Your blind devotion to anyone debating me and your hatred of me is sort of cult-like.

I'll be super curious to hear your savings on energy costs.  I keep track of crap like that at my house!

I think it will be fairly significant. I have a furnace, but I do not generally use it. Usually use the woodstove and area heaters, the area heaters are not very efficient. My guess is it will eliminate or dramatically reduce my need for area heat, and reduce the amount wood I use by 25%...I will try to keep track and see how close my guess is. I do think the difference will be dramatic!

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.