PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

45 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

FWIW, the longwave progression in 2012 was quite different compared to what the models are showing. Sprawling negative heights over Canada and the GOA with a block displaced well to the west. The game might looks similar up north but the players and venue would look a different. Different food options too with probably a lot of vegan and general-neutral fare. It was a different world 10 years ago… Thanks Obama!

How does this compare to Dec 1996?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

17 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

My mom’s texts are almost indecipherable. I have no idea what method she uses but it’s drop dead hilarious. And this is a woman who’s actually written books for crying out loud! Under the pseudonym Cliff Mass, of course…

My dad is the king of unreadable texts…Luckily I have learned a whole new dad text language so I know exactly what he is saying! 🤣

209C1699-456B-4E26-B67E-88DCA5E00941.jpeg

• Excited 1
  • lol 6

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

This is a really good run for Washington. Not so much for Oregon.

Way better than a yucky dry “backdoor” event where the folks on this forum who usually get the most snow anyway have to suffer in 20 degree sunshine while we score down here for once.

• Like 6
  • Excited 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 hours ago, Everleigh said:

Got caught up this morning.....Wow!  We are in for a wild ride! 

I sure do appreciate all the maps and graphs that get posted, thank you to those that do that! 

I will gladly give both ovaries and a kidney, for those EURO snow maps to verify....! lol

Wow, that's impressive that you caught up.  I've been taking a break for a couple of days, and when I came back and loaded the page last night I think it was around pg 189-190 or so.....this morning I decided to jump ahead to the current page as of this morning (page 248 for the record) but have been in meeting all morning, I see it is showing there are 253 pages (probably more since I haven't refreshed my browser in a while...

CAN'T....KEEP....UP.....DROWNING....IN.....POSTS......SEND....HELP......

• Like 4
  • scream 1

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Way better than a yucky dry “backdoor” event where the folks on this forum who usually get the most snow anyway have to suffer in 20 degree sunshine while we score down here for once.

God forbid anyone has to deal with fake non-arctic cold-- at least this way we can get our rightful warm rain while living vicariously through snow pics 🤭🌬️

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

The evil sun is flash melting the frost off my roof 😡 Actually is great to finally see it again after the last several days of goo. The dogs always seek out the sun during the winter as well! 
Low of 30, currently 35. 

CD356208-CE0A-4FD7-AEBE-B930A34DAC58.jpeg

4FD6B322-6C04-45D0-B8C2-5CCF68CDEF31.jpeg

• Like 2