PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

1 minute ago, 12345WeatherNerd said:

EPS still going with a dusting of snow around Puget sound Sunday evening. 1671451200-y3lbfoqok6E.png

More than a dusting for me…C’MON verify!!! 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, 12345WeatherNerd said:

EPS still going with a dusting of snow around Puget sound Sunday evening. 1671451200-y3lbfoqok6E.png

i think its important to clarify that that as a mean there could be zero ensemble members actually showing a dusting.  a majority could show nothing and a few extreme amounts would lead to the amounts above too. 

• Like 2
  • Snow 1

Just now, RentonHillTC said:

i think its important to clarify that that as a mean there could be zero ensemble members actually showing a dusting.  a majority could show nothing and a few extreme amounts would lead to the amounts above too. 

At this point, I have been watching, and it is really just a cluster showing 1-3 inches the rest nothing.

2 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Major event possibly for the northeast next week around Christmas 

DC757574-BF6E-4EE9-BCF6-FA387BD5FC00.png

C811C77B-0FFB-4470-B5AF-DC60EAF4DDDC.png

I don’t know why but I get so irritated when the east coast scores. Makes me want to 🤮

• Like 6
  • Snow 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, fubario said:

seeing as this is the east coast, there's 100% chance this happens.

Yeah the models will be spot on for them even this far out. Sickening. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, RentonHillTC said:

want to add that i wasnt saying you were wrong there - most EPS members in 6z run do show some minor snow. 

ecmwf-ensemble-KBFI-indiv_snow-0997600.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doinko said:

Still gets there for WA

850th.us_nw.png

Yeah significant cold air advection out of the N/NW doesn't work out too great for us. Backdoor + overrunning or bust for us. 

In the believable to semi believable range, this pretty much looks like a Washington event. The overrunning event depicted is over a week away and can't really be taken seriously right now IMO. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Pepto party at Kayla’s next Thursday??

Tons of uncertainty right now but looking more and more likely this will be a quick hitter. Would have loved to have seen a region wide Arctic air outbreak.

• Like 4

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

29 minutes ago, OysterPrintout said:

packing a few t shirts for some southern oregon golf but unable to walk a single step out of my house without falling down on ice 1671753600-8kGat7I8NWk.png

Wait, you are going to Bandon and didn't invite me? Rude.

• Excited 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL